“Great curry” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve chicken,lamb,prawns and vegetarian dishes. We also serve vegan dishes but please ask to our waitress please.
Albert, France
“Great curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

After all the richness of Bruges itself and it's food it was great to have a curry. Located just of the centre this was a great find for a wet Sunday evening. Curry and rice was well cooked and drinks reasonably priced. We would go again.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Julie T

“Overpriced food for unsuspecting tourists”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is not fine indian food but flavourless curry !! On entering the restaurant only had a handful of people in but this did not put us off. We were greeted by a polite lady who showed us promptly to our table. I ordered sheek kebab to start and chicken tikka masala as a main dish. The Server informed us that main dishes came with rice and i opted for a cheese nan bread as well. The starter was nicely cooked and moist but contained a significant amount of gristle and some small pieces of bone, this was not quality ground meat. By far the most disappointing part of the meal was the main course, a chicken tikka masala that Doesn't contain chicken tikka served in sauce that tasted of little more than Onion seasoned with garam masala. I can't help feeling that this restaurant doesn't expect any repeat business given the amount of tourists this area attracts. As a result I feel I should warn visitors who are looking for Indian food that the 80 euros this meal for two cost did not represent value for money given the low quality of food served. Avoid if visiting Bruges at all costs. Just to add the lady who served us was polite but sitting playing on your phone all night also depresses the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Lackinggdfood
Headington, United Kingdom
“Attention to detail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I got bored of flemish fare and decided to go Indian. The food at this little (but clean and tasteful) restaurant was great. The kids loved their chicken kormas. My Prawn Vindaloo was delicious (hot but not insane) and my partner's veggie dishes were equally delicious.
My only gripe was the price of a 1litre bottle of still water at 5 Euros! How ridiculous.
The Taj Mahal got all the little things right; warm plates, warm red wine and everything was beautifully clean. Good fare.

1 Thank winkywonk
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Proper home cooked Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited Bruges with Belgian friends who have difficulty finding good Indian restaurants, an alternative to Belgian stew! We had the set meal for 4 for I think the price was 90 euros. the starters were poppadoms and spicy veggie samosas. The mains were meat and chicken curries, plenty of rice and we added naans which were hot crispy and soft. We finished with mango icecream. Lovely meal and not a hint of the standard sauces used in the dishes that you can find in the UK. It all tasted home cooked to me.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VanessaRoad
Canada
“Great experience- twice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been there twice in last two years for lunch. Very friendly staff, good service and very flavourful dishes. I am an Indian, grew up in India and travel frequently to many European cities. I am always on the lookout for good places to eat. My frame of refernce of acceptability of Indian food is based on one question.."Would I take my Mom (who cooks like a godess, and is the queen of criticism !) to this restaurant ?" To this one, the answer is , YES.

• 5 of 5 bubbles