“Attention to detail”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #344 of 757 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve chicken,lamb,prawns and vegetarian dishes. We also serve vegan dishes but please ask to our waitress please.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I got bored of flemish fare and decided to go Indian. The food at this little (but clean and tasteful) restaurant was great. The kids loved their chicken kormas. My Prawn Vindaloo was delicious (hot but not insane) and my partner's veggie dishes were equally delicious.
My only gripe was the price of a 1litre bottle of still water at 5 Euros! How ridiculous.
The Taj Mahal got all the little things right; warm plates, warm red wine and everything was beautifully clean. Good fare.

1  Thank winkywonk

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited Bruges with Belgian friends who have difficulty finding good Indian restaurants, an alternative to Belgian stew! We had the set meal for 4 for I think the price was 90 euros. the starters were poppadoms and spicy veggie samosas. The mains were meat and chicken curries, plenty of rice and we added naans which were hot crispy and soft. We finished with mango icecream. Lovely meal and not a hint of the standard sauces used in the dishes that you can find in the UK. It all tasted home cooked to me.

1  Thank VanessaRoad
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been there twice in last two years for lunch. Very friendly staff, good service and very flavourful dishes. I am an Indian, grew up in India and travel frequently to many European cities. I am always on the lookout for good places to eat. My frame of refernce of acceptability of Indian food is based on one question.."Would I take my Mom (who cooks like a godess, and is the queen of criticism !) to this restaurant ?" To this one, the answer is , YES.

2  Thank farahs123
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Only a small restaurant, but the lady who served us was lovely. The menu was good - plenty of choice. I had chicken Madras and my husband had Chicken Tikka Bhoona with rice and Keema Nan - both were lovely. Had good selection of wine and Belgian beer, etc. Very good.

3  Thank JME138
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We wanted to eat Indian food and did not want to go to our usual place, but try a new one. Interior is a bit poor. The food was good, but we were not overwhelmed.