“seriously?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 706 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve chicken,lamb,prawns and vegetarian dishes. We also serve vegan dishes but please ask to our waitress please.
Kortrijk, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“seriously?”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the first time I write a review on any site because it is really worth to tell all of you reading this that this restaurant is a guaranteed disappointment. For those having judged differently, hard to imagine they are judging another restaurant by mistake or judging their own restaurant... Food is not at all what you would expect from an Indian restaurant(especially when you are British which I'm not but easy to imagine). Lack in flavor which is hard to imagine when using lots of herbs and spices. Don't ask how but they manage..Pricewise. Ok, we're in Bruges where you know nothing comes really cheap but who cares when what you consume is worth it? This restaurant is as a consequence extremely expensive for what you get.
Having eaten in dozens of Indian restaurants all over the world, this one ranks at the last spot and will probably remain there. Actually, it ranks on the last spot of any restaurant I have ever been.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CelineR79

Norwich
“Doesn't compare with UK Indian restaurants.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

If you are fond of a curry in the UK, and fancy one in Bruges in this restaurant, you will be very disappointed. The menu is extremely limited, and the prices laughably high. The food although not terrible is mediocre at best, and there are no side dishes whatsoever to choose from. My advice is to avoid this restaurant if you are fond of curry. I left feeling as if I had been mugged due to the cost, and wishing I had chosen a local Flemish restaurant.

Brussels, Belgium
“Good food, but lacking in atmosphere”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This small Indian restaurant in Bruges has been recently renovated. The food is nice, not especially great, but compared to some other restaurants in Bruges it's good and good value - not too pricey. However, what really bothered me was the rather open kitchen, meaning it was quite noisy most of the time and we arrived home smelling of food.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Niris_17
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Picked this from list of Indians in Brugge, rated as the top one of 4, if so the others must be terrible. I agree with Dave W, overpriced and a limited menu, perhaps the culture of Indian Restaurants hasn't made it to Brugge yet.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JMeg_12
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What was that?”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have just had one of the poorest curries ever and believe me,I am a curry expert. First of all the price strikes you as way over the top. Here's an example from the menu for all the Brits who indulge in chicken tikka masala (which I don't) 15 euro's (without rice).rice another 4 euro's. I know that this is a city but come on that's outrageous. I thought I would have a vegetable biryani with a hot sauce. They asked me if I wanted the biryani hot and the sauce hot. What? Surely the side sauce is what it goes by, obviously not! When the sauce came up it was like the little side mint sauce you get with a Sunday roast. Pathetic! Anyway, if you are into curries don't bother and wait till you get home otherwise you will be extremely disappointed. If you are having a naan (no depth to it at all) then just have it plain. It costs an extra 1.5 euros for garlic (I didn't know garlic was the same price as diamonds!) Visit at your peril as our meal cost 52 euros for something that I could have had for half the price and ten times better back in the uk. Watch out for Bombay aloo at 13 euros (£3 back home) Give this place a miss.

• Visited October 2012