“Excellent Accommodation”
Review of Martin's Brugge

Martin's Brugge
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hotel Martin's was booked based on Tripadvisor reviews. Great location 2 minutes from main square in Brugge located in very charecterful cobble stoned street with immediate access to shops , resteraunts and all the main tourist attractions.
Hotel rooms excellent ( no tea/ coffee making facilities). Hotel facilities excellent but did not use the bar or resteraunt as very expensive. Better that you venture out into the square and go a few streets beyond for more affordable food and drink. Room price came with breakfast buffet which was excellent for choice and quality. Hotel staff could not have been better and no quibble over billing as described by some other reviewers. So in summary why pay for 4 and 5 star accommodation when you can experience the excellence of the 3 star Hotel Martin's.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandy A
There are newer reviews for Martin's Brugge

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for three nights. Great location behind Belfry. We had an interesting circular room. Good, friendly and efficient service. Free Wi-Fi works well. Excellent breakfast buffet. Good bar with very reasonable prices. Would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Great place.
Fantastic location.
Clean functional rooms.
The beds in ours were two singles pushed together, but that didn't bother us at all.

The only gripe I would say is a top sheet would have been nice, but we never bothered to ask for one because the room was perfectly warm ever in chilly October that we never felt the need. I'm sure the excellent staff would have obliged like they did when we asked for a clothes iron which they delivered inside of 5 mins.

I would stay here again and recommend. It to anyone looking in the price range. It's not a 5 star hotel, but neither is it trying to be, not charging like one, but it's close to a 4 star.

Thank you Martins!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank mickdooit
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had a 3 night stay in October 2012 on a tour organised by Riviera Travel via Eurostar.
Wonderful City and hotel central for everything so can walk straight into all the exciting places to explore.
First let me get the downside out of the way.
As mentioned rooms very small, so dont try swinging a cat, but only slept there so did the job.
Room we had only had 1 windom at edge of room with table in front so hard to see out at all.
No tea coffeee making facilities, although not often found in european rooms.

Good Points
Hotel well situated.
Air Con in room worfed very well.
Comfy bed and quiet so had good n nights sleep.
Was expecting cont b/fast but also had bacon, scambled eggs, boiled eggs, toms, beans ant help yourself breakfast.
Plenty of fruit, rolls, bread etc to choose from
Staff friendly and helpful, always smiling.
Took about 30 seconds to check in and out, even though as mentioned we arrived with group on trip.
Room clean with soaps face towels and body lotion, besides towels each day.
Hairdryer also in room although no mention on hotel website so we took our own!

Overall would recommend this hotel and would book again when we go back next time, although would try to get a bigger room as would probably do trip ourselves now we know area.

This is not knocking Riviera travel in anyway though as from start to finish we were looked after by Viv our guide who was fantastic and knowledgeable about everywhere we went, Many thanks to her!!

Room Tip: We had room on 4th floor, which is basically the attic and as corner room lost more space due o cut...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnBsTrips
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed her for two nights, a Friday and a Saturday and the hotel was very busy with what seemed to be several groups. Check in was very quick and helpful, and I was given a map of the city and the receptionist marked on the map where the hotel is. Then off to my room I went, which was very recently totally refurbished and had quality fittings. The air con is the quietest that I have ever had in a hotel and can be totally controlled in room. The double glazing works well and even manages to shut out the noise of the church bells which start around 0900hrs. The beds and quilt are super comfortable and my room had a small mini bar fridge, however what I did find surprising is that there are no tea and coffee making facilities (tray) in the room I had. I was in room 731, I think they call this a 'Charming Plus Room' which is not one of their basics by any means - I would have liked a tea tray to be honest as I am used to it. The bathroom has been very well done, no bath - which I don't mind at all, has great shower and as said, all is very new. I liked the room, had a nice quality feel and I slept very well.

Breakfast is a buffet with a huge choice of everything really and all of excellent quality - the Patio breakfast room is big and I saw no queues at all for tables and the staff are very efficient.
I had scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon plus a bowl of fresh fruit - no complaints at all and no wait at all.

Check out on the Sunday morning saw some pretty big queues, but hey, with 177 rooms checking out then this was always going to happen. Front desk staff were quick and efficient and coped well - I didn't mind the queue as I wasn't pushed for time - if you are, then I would make sure of an early check out or see if they do an 'Express' service.

I liked this hotel and was very pleased I chose it - the location is fantastic in the old city centre and it is very well run with high standards of service and refurbishment. I will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Charming Plus rooms are very good indeed, didn't see the other catagories.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent front desk management, English spoken, easy check-in. Room & bed comfortable, nice bathroom, hot bath, lovely towels and heating during the night. Liked being able to open the window for fresh air during the day. Fantastic breakfast included, though this is very pricey when not included with the room options.

We appreciated immediate response to our complaint about noisy guests in the next room around midnight. Within minutes security had arrived and sorted the problem. Parking is very expensive, but there are no other handy alternatives at competitive prices. We spent two nights & would like to have seen a reduction on parking for subsequent nights.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel. Pity it didn't have a restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the square.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne F
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First off - I have never bee to Europe before, needless to say Brugge - so needless so say I have nothing to compare this to. I arrived super early (around 10:45 AM) and my room was ready, so points there. The staff's English was impeccable, and they were very friendly as well. Prior to coming I read some things about Brugeans being a bit rude, but I've encountered nothing but the sweetest people thus far. The only two complaints I have is the lack of character & the spotty wifi (NOT good for business travelers or those attached to their laptops). Other than that, pretty good value and unbelievably central, yet quiet location.

Room Tip: Ask for the wifi password. Unless you see the tiny sign, they won't tell you ;)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo