Golden Tulip De' Medici Hotel
$100
$91
Agoda.com
1,826 results
All reviewsjapanese gardennice hotelcomfort roomhotel overlookinggood sizeminute walkcity centrethe main squareroom was clean and comfortablequiet locationbus stopbars and restaurantsper daybreakfast was excellentbreakfast roomtea and coffeechristmas market
Reviewed May 20, 2011

When booking the hotel, we were not sure if that was the right choice because of bad critics in several hotel portals.

Upon arrival we were happy to see that these bad critics we could not follow.
At the reception we were welcomed very nicely, polite and very helpful.
At the bar at then (10 minutes before closure, because we arrived very late) we still got our ordered snack.

The atmosphere in the hotel is very nice.
The hotel room was very clean and nicely equipped, and very spacious the bathroom was clean and the next day, even though I wanted to use my towels again, I had new towels and everything was as if I would just had arrived in that room.
Very nice was: the bathtub, were you also took your shower and a shower curtain of glass, so that the bathroom was not wet at all after the shower. Something which I saw very seldomly during business trips in Belgium, because most of the hotels tend to not have that shower curtain.
The bed was nice, a little bit soft, but still: it was no problem at all. The mattress was not worse than in other hotels, maybe even a little bit better.
Airconditioning in the hotel room worked perfectly, also not something which you can take for granted in other hotels.
Breakfast was good, could have had some more variaty, but was totally fine for me, and what I want for breakfast was there!

The hotel is located very nicely in Brugge and you can reach the main place in Brugge by 5-10 minutes walking. By car, also no problem to arrive at the hotel in the center of Brugge!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Booked trip with Cresta City breaks, but declined their transfer from Brussels to Bruges and did it ourselves...Very easy... Train from airport station to Brussels Nord..Changed train to Bruges.. Airport to Brussels was 15 mins.. Brussels to Bruges was 70 mins, for a single fare of 16.40 euros... Hotel was a pleasant stroll from Bruges station through the town.. Picked up a town map from the Info desk at Bruges station

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Holmlands
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Stayed here for one night. Nice room, good service. They have a sushi restaurant which I didn't get to try. Decent breakfast. Internet is pretty expensive. Nice bathroom with a big bathtub. Quiet and good place to rest.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank orvalectiq
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We arrived at only 11 AM, but the hotel doesn't check in guests until 3 PM. We left our luggage in their care and went touring, returning at 5 PM. Check in was quick, the staff spoke English and had answers to all our questions. The room has a good strong hairdryer, good water pressure, and very hot water. The beds were soft, which we liked, but if a hard bed is necessary for you, you should check into that. There is a hot water boiler in the room, class cups, and a basket with coffee/tea/creamer/sugar. The Carrefour store across the canal sells all kinds of instant soups/noodles so you could make some snacks in your room if you have hungry teens. There is a bus stop also just across the canal and all buses go to the town square and the train station, so we found the hotel well located. The decor on the ground floor is rather nice with murals painted on the walls. At the bar there is a self service coffee/tea table (free) with fresh fruit for your afternoon enjoyment and guests sat at tables resting and lookng at maps and books. We didn't use the fitness center since we were busy touring all day. We might have used the spa/relaxation facility had it been free but at 15 euros a day (I think) it seemed pricey for us. The breakfast is a typically British one, with scrambled eggs, English style sausages, little potatoes, beans, and baked tomatoes. There is also yogurt, fresh fruit, granola, yummy croissants & pastries, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit salad, and of course coffee/tea/hot chocolate. The day we left we checked out at 9 AM, leaving our bags in their care. When we returned at 3.30, we freshened up in the fitness center bathroom and had a (free) hot coffee/tea in the lounge before collecting our bags, hopping on the bus across the street, and heading for the train station. I do recommend this hotel. We found the staff very, very pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cookie064
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The good things about this hotel are the room size, quiet location and big buffet breakfast. The room and decor are dated, which is not so bad, but the mattress and blankets in my room were antique. Staff was overall stern and unfriendly, actually scolding me a bit when I registered, citing a mistake in my reservation, which was incorrect on their part. I had the corrected reservation with me, from their own website. The fitness center and spa are ridiculous, as is the 10 Euro fee to use them.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo