“It's a must”

Crowne Plaza Brugge
Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had just arrived from Paris and all my family wanted was to get a good rest. We were shocked to see the great hotel we had chosen(we do all online), it's location was right next to the main square and almost everything was nearby. Once we walked in, the first thing we noticed was that the tv said welcome in many languages and right below it our last name. The hotel was very clean, service was excellent and price was definitely worth it. The pool and the gym are in the last floor and the roof right above the pool is glass so you can look up at the sky. It was very much relaxing and one of the best hotels I stayed in on my entire trip trough Europe.

• Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for the Brugge v Newcastle game. Hotel good, decent rooms, good underground parking available.

Not the easiest to find due to the Brugge road and one way system but not the hotels fault!

Disappointed the hotel didn't accommodate for the travelling Geordies by having the restaurant open a bit later that night after the over an hour walk from the stadium! Maybe something the hotel could improve on in future when there is sporting events on!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were here for two nights. The front office staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very nice. Attractive and large by European standards. Lots of hot water, mini bar, clean and roomy. Breakfast in the hotel is a little pricey so one might consider exploring a smaller cafe of many located nearby. Great location too. Easy access to all the attractions in Brugge.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was travelling with a friend and we had two suits - top tip, don't stay in suit 706 if they offer it to you, it is directly below the swimming pool and when someone goes swimming the noise is really bad. OK, the good - the location is fantastic - you can walk to everywhere and it's quiet (except for the noise of horse hooves going by). The staff are very friendly. The bad - it is desperately understaffed - I was woken up by housekeeping asking if they could clean my room (this was at 9.30 am) - my friend's room didn't get cleaned at all on the first day even though we were out the majority of the day. The car parking is under the hotel and desperately claustrophobic - I knew this in advance but wasn't worried as it said they had valet parking - they don't - they did park my car for me in the end - but valet parking it wasn't. Nobody showed us to our rooms. The carpets are filthy - my friend said she wished she'd bought slippers as she didn't like walking on it. The toilets in the suits are tiny - basically a "water closet". Cheap and nasty toilet paper. Small towels. Basically it's all a bit shabby and well frankly, ugly - shame as it could be a really good hotel but you just feel that they are doing their best on a skeleton staff. Don't try room service breakfast - they never collected my card on the first night - the internal phone system doesn't work so you can't phone reception or room service so I had to go down and take them the card - I wish I hadn't bothered - some greasy bacon, the "cornflakes" I ordered was a bowl with a little of several different cereals in it (I have a serious nut allergy so this was not good for me) and for 23 euros, plus 6 euros room service charge it really wasn't worth it - there are lots of lovely cafes around that do fabulous waffles for a fraction of the price. I know I always harp on about breakfasts but there is nothing better than breakfast in bed in a good hotel when it is well done - when I find a hotel that does this I will write a glowing review of it - this hotel definitely NOT. The staff are very friendly though, so I can forgive them a lot and would go back - I just hope it improves in the interim. One last gripe - why oh why have huge double beds with two single duvets on them?

Room Tip: don't chose room 706 unless you like having a swimming pool directly above your bed
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
BruggeCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Brugge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. It is thanks to your personal review that we are able to improve our services and quality.I want to apoligize for the inconvenience you had. I will take these issues up to see what we can do to improve.
I was informed about the breakfast doorhanger and telephone when you left. I spoke already to the persons in charge for both issues. A breakfast needs to be served at time as requested we have to take our responsibility to do our utmost.
My roommaids try not to disturb our guest but on the other hand we want to prepare the rooms to serve our guests as best as we can. Can I advise you to hang out the do not disturb sign so my housekeeping staff will not distrub you.
Can you please let me know by mail in what room your friend was, because I will definitly check what went wrong with that room.

Thank you for your comment and I hope that you will return in the future to our hotel so we can proof that we improved our service and quality.

Best regards

Lucas Bakx

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Perfectly situated on the square in the heart of Brugge. Anything you need is a short walk. Hotel staff are friendly, attentive and very knowledgeable of the area and amenities. The rooms are spacious and clean. Pool on site was great for the kids.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I got a really good deal via PriceLine.

Often time hotel will write down the price of the stay and treat their customers accordingly. I don't feel that I was treated any differently from other regular rate customers. The front desk staffs were all very friendly and helpful. They were quite flexible and accommodating for the bed choice. They offered great suggestions for places to visits, gave very detailed directions and agreed to print out train tickets. The location is close to all the attractions in town. The room was clean and comfortable.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Bruges.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is modern and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included in many of the rates. I had two breakfasts included in my room, but they gave me two more for free (I had four in my party). The hotel location is perfect and is right in the middle of town. It made it very easy to loop back for access to the bathroom, to drop off souvenirs, or to pick up a jacket. As with many European hotels, the rooms aren’t particularly large. Our room had two queen beds, but with my two teenagers, it was a tight fit. If I were to stay for any length of time, I would bite the bullet and get two rooms. Overall, a very nice stay.

1  Thank BLT1991