“Perfect Location”

Crowne Plaza Brugge
Ranked #23 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is modern and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included in many of the rates. I had two breakfasts included in my room, but they gave me two more for free (I had four in my party). The hotel location is perfect and is right in the middle of town. It made it very easy to loop back for access to the bathroom, to drop off souvenirs, or to pick up a jacket. As with many European hotels, the rooms aren’t particularly large. Our room had two queen beds, but with my two teenagers, it was a tight fit. If I were to stay for any length of time, I would bite the bullet and get two rooms. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BLT1991

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It is in the middle of everything and the food in the restaurant is good. The connection to WiFi is not that good. It is very clean and organize. The portions of the food in the restaurant are extremely big. In general it is a very good hotel and in the best location

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Datraes
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I spent 2 days for my birthday and had a lovely stay. I requested a nice room with a nice view and it was. The room was not very big but the bed was so confy ! We had a late room sevicefuring the night and it was delicious ! The breakfast was okay but too expensive. The parking below the hotel is convenient. The pool was very nice as we were alone but i guess that with many oter guest it could be to small and no privacy.
The staff is very nice. The location is perfect ! Right in the old town..5 minutes from the main sqare ! Very good hotel !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel were so helpful, especially daphne and Werner. As we are just making decisions on the go, we hadn't booked anywhere. I decided we might stay at another crowne plaza. Daphne booked brussels for us. The location at bruges was so central , you walked out the door and you were in the plaza. There was a museum and relics in the basement

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here more than ten times. That should say enough. It is right in the centre of town and the staff are excellent. Because I like this hotel so much I joined their loyalty scheme ( priority club - but due to change in July to IHG). I get an automatic upgrade and was able to stay in a Junior Suite for the price of an executive room. The loyalty scheme is for all Intercontinental Group Hotels but only worth joining if you are going to stay about 20 days a year - anywhere. Car Park charges are 21euros per day - good value compared to staying out of town and searching and paying for car park charges. Lots to do within walking distance of the hotel - the staff gave a discount card for a museum pass, which again was good value. It was a great location for popping back to our room for a nice cup of tea. Good food is available here with a recently revitalised restaurant. I did not eat here this stay - lots of choice in the near vicinity, but I have been very pleased with the meals on previous stays.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be of a good size for an inner city hotel. You may be tempted to go for a room ove...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neilmorris838
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Don't get me wrong. This is a nice hotel located right in the middle of Bruges. The rooms are good and up to the normal standard for a Crown Plaza hotel, But really the staff in the "front line" of the service need to understand that it is the customer that pays their wages. I don't expect a red carpet, but service in the restaurant / cafe on the ground floor would be a novelty and no one asks whether "everything is alright" or whether your stay was enjoyable. At breakfast you can forget a smile, you might get a grudging "good morning" before "your room number is"? My record for being totally ignored was set this week at aroun 10 minutes before a sullen waitress informed me that the section of the restaurant I was sitting in was out of use. Then instead of explaining where I could sit and what menun I could expect she just walked off ?? Shame as the reception staff are normally quite pleasant. This is not a one off either, I stayed here many many times and the attitude is always the same.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BruggeCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Brugge, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. I first want to apologize for the unfriendly service you received in PlazaCafé. It is for me very important that my staff is open, friendly and helpful. In this case this was absolutely not the situation. If I understood well you visit our hotel frequently so I really would like to speak in person with you about this situation to learn more about your opinion. I will definitely take necessary steps to improve the overall friendliness in our restaurant.

Best regards

Lucas Bakx

Reviewed June 17, 2013

OK, so this is not the most picturesque or romantic hotel but it is well located and quiet. The staff were helpful and welcoming and made our stay enjoyable. The room was large and overlooked the square - the decor is a little tired but I think they are gradually renovating the hotel. For us, and in particular, Mum, the presence of a lift was also a benefit.

Breakfast was included in our rate and suited us as we had our Mum with us and she welcomed a break from venturing across cobbles for food! It was a generous buffet but the hot food tended to cool quickly if you were not there when it was fresh from the kitchen. Bread, cold meats and cheese all fresh and well presented.

What the hotel really lacks is a good space for an evening drink. You can have a drink outside which is OK as long as it is warm but as the evening cools the only place is a small area inside the restaurant. Its not really conducive to a relaxed evening and feels as though you are shut away. The older part of the hotel did have a bar but that is no longer in use - a shame as that had character. This means that there isn't really a relaxing public space to sit and talk with friends so that people just tend to pass through reception and on to their rooms - a little clinical for a 4 star hotel.

I would most definitely return as its location and the staff make it an excellent base to enjoy this gem of a city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family