Our family (10 & 6) enjoyed an excellent stay at the centrally located a Crowne Palza. Good sized Family room with two queen beds was perfectly large for all four of us. The diverse breakfast buffet selection was very good with the fresh smoked salmon being a welcome addition.
The hotel is on the beautiful Burg which during the week also hosts a market. There was some noise from this in the morning but it was not early and no more than any busy street.
The staff were incredibly helpful, including lending us arm bands for the swimming pool. The fitness room and pool were good. Lots of exercise machines for a hotel and they were generally free when we used it. The pool was a good size and again generally empty, but the chemicals did make our daughters come out in a rash. We did t have the same problem, so I suspect they were just a bit strong.
The rooms were spotless, and the addition of a kettle, the favourite among the Brits, was a nice touch. The shower was very good, and beds comfortable, if a little soft.
Lastly, the remains of the old church under the modern hotel and the little museum was an unexpected find, by our 6 year old. Anyone interested in artefacts and archeology should pop down the stairs from reception!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge is situated in the city centre of the charming and romantic city of Bruges, conveniently located on the magnificent Burg Square, adjacent to the historic Town Hall and the Chapel of Holy Blood. The Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge has 96 full renovated air-conditioned rooms with TV, pay TV, iron,coffee&tea facilities, mini bar and safe.The wellness and recreational centre offers a pool, a fitness room and a sauna.The Crowne Plaza hotel offers a new restaurant concept with PlazaCafé. A hip and trendy restaurant(with a superb terrace from March until November) and serves an excellent breakfast buffet, lunch and diner. Enjoy a nice coffee or Belgium beer. Every Sundaylunch a family buffet is served. The PlazaCafé Bar is an ideal meeting place, with its comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Meetings-conferences-banquets For a modern decor in warm colours we can propose the Burgh Room (for up to 250 people). If you prefer historic surroundings we can organise an unforgettable banquet in our 14th century cellar or amidst the ancient foundations of the old St Donaas Church. Free wifi available through the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Brugge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Brugge Hotel Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brugge