Hotel Acacia
$110
$182
$164
  • Pool
Hotel Biskajer Adults Only(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Restaurant
$351
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsafrican grey parrotthe main squaregreat locationtalking parrotcentral locationroom was largelovely hotelcar parkquiet streetside streetwould stay againchristmas marketnice bathroomreception areaweekend breakgood sizea couple of minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Acacia last Spring. Having never been to Bruges before I had no idea where to start looking. Combine that with the fact that I would be just off the jet, and more than likely exhausted from long hours spent on planes, I wanted to make sure that where I stayed would be comfortable, easy and somewhat reputable, thus my choice of the globally known Best Western. Typically, I like to stay in places more representative of the area I'm in, but in this case, it more than served my purpose.
The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station, but it's a scenic walk, as Bruges is a beautiful old city. The hotel was actually quite nice, both inside and out. The rooms were simple, clean and well kept. I had a room with a view of one of the hotel's small courtyards, with the Belfort towering beyond. Once there, it's in a great location, nearly central to everything. The Markt, the Burg and the Belfort are all within easy walking distance (5 minutes, tops), as are a number of other sites and restaurants. For the most part, the staff was friendly and accommodating, although the first morning I was there I wanted to find a bakery or somewhere to get a cappuccino, and the woman at reception was less than helpful about where to find either one. I was met with the response that the hotel does serve breakfast. I don't fault her for more than likely just doing her job, it's just breakfast at the hotel was not what I wanted, especially given that I would only be there a short time.
All things considered, I had an overall pleasant stay and would consider staying there again next time I'm in Bruges. The hotel was clean, quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced - a definite fair value. I would recommend it to others, especially those who want something easy and familiar; however, personally, I would be just as likely to find something that was a little more representative of the area the next time I'm there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Boarder_Ian
Reviewed March 23, 2012

By redeeming some Airmiles, my friend and were able to stay at the Acacia in mid-March, and found it to be a delightful hotel in an excellent and quiet location in the middle of this beautiful little city, with all the sights, restaurants, and shops within a nice walking distance.
Arriving early in the day, we found the hotel well-equipped to care for our luggage while we began our explorations of the city. Later, checking in was smooth and efficient, and we found our room spacious and very comfortable, with twin beds, a table and chairs, wardrobes, a private toilet room as well as ensuite bathroom with tub/shower, and full TV service (including programs in English).
As opposed to some renovated buildings, this hotel has an elevator (lift), if someone had heavier luggage to contend with; although the outside stairs and varying floor levels, etc., could make access challenging for someone in a wheelchair, for instance.
Our room looked out on to a quaint little back street, and we found it quiet on a Monday morning, a pleasant surprise, even with our windows open for fresh air (yes - windows that really open). Another nice surprise was the full breakfast offered - not just the usual 'continental' style, but almost anything you could want, and presented in a high-ceilinged dining room with wonderful character. The main floor also offers a comfy sitting room with fireplace, even a small spa/pool (we'll bring bath suits next time).
Oh yes - we'll return to this hotel again!

Room Tip: I believe some rooms may overlook the interior courtyard - but our experience was that our room, overlooking a neat little back street, was just lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ladybug_and_BigAl
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice. The location is excellent for the centre of Bruges. There is safe garaged parking available. The hotel and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Free hot drinks are available in a room downstairs. The staff were very friendly and helpful, giving lots of advice and directions. The swimming pool and sauna are excellent for a bit of relaxation before or after walking around the sights. The breakfast was more than adequate and there was a good variety available for all nationalities. We would highly recommend this hotel in all respects. The parrot was a lovely touch..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel, centrally located to the Burg and Markt area was ideal for city strolls, snacks, drinks and superb meals. Setting off early, we were able to see most of the sights without too many people around. Even at lunchtime there were few visitors really so we had excellent service wherever we went.
Hotel couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was perfect. Staff were more than helpful, tea and coffee freely available, comfortable room, so, so clean. A shame really, that we found the swimming pool on our last day.
Delays at St. Pancras and an early departure cut our 4 day break to 2 + a bit.
breakfast was excellent, cooked, cold Continental and superb Danish Pastries :) A superb break after Ofsted :(

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed here on two occasions and would again.
The rooms and staff are acceptable, there is a private garage and the location is very good.
The oneway system makes it a cow to get to the first time, but once parked up under the hôtel you can leave your car there and see all you want easily on foot in this charming city.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends