“Excellent Lunch”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were recommended to come here by the tour guide at the Brewery, otherwise we might have passed it by.

It was almost like going back to eating out in France many years ago with a reasonably priced "Menu" for 13.90 Euros. The paprika soup was very tasty and we could have had "seconds" if we had wished. Our steaks were of good quality, tender and cooked to order. The stews other people were having looked delicious. Again, the service was friendly (unlike France) and efficient. When we come back to Bruges we will definitely come here for an extended dinner in the evening.

1  Thank windinmywheels

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is located just across the Bruges' Railway Station. The citycenter is at 2 min walking, and there's affordable parking next to the station. ("interparking Station")

As a local I tend to avoid touristical restaurants in Bruges' city center. A restaurant that is attached to a hotel, is considered to me as a touristical place! Nevertheless I went to eat at 't Bagientje last month and it was absolutely perfect!
Ok, the interiour and decorations are a bit old fashioned, but the food isn't !
I had the salad with home made schrimp-croquets. This costs around 18 euros, but what a plate I got! The salad was dressed with nuts, raisins and all sorts of delicious extras, the croquettes were definately home made and huge. This came with fresh french fries. I'm a big eater but could hardly finish my plate.
A friend had the flemish stew, prepared with Bruges' signature Beer, Brugse Zot. Also at a bargain price (about 16 euro's) and a big portion also. My boyfriend had another typical Flemish dish, chicory in cheesesauce served with mashed potatoes. Normally the chicory is covered in normal ham, but they turned it up a notch by adding Pata Negra (Iberico ham) instead. Also the mashed potatoes were also pimped by adding fresh grated truffle. This dish, with its luxury ingredients only costed around 21-22 euros.

I will DEFINATELY be returning and have recommend it to many of my friends already. Fresh cuisine this delicious normally doesn't come at such a modest price!

1  Thank Sterrenvis
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My brother and I ate here on the advice of the owner of the neighbouring Hotel 't Keizershof. We weren't disappointed. The food was all quite good and we were told the menu was made up of almost entirely Flemish dishes. It was very rich, but everything was tasty. The beer selection was also quite good.

1  Thank Keith J
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We came here on recommendation from my son who ate here last time in Brugge. The service was excellent staff friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
The food was really excellent, fantastic portions, hot , tasty and authentic flemish cuisine. I was tempted to book again for the next night just to have the venison that my son had and the Dover Sole that my husband had was excellent it just fell off the bone . I had the flemish stew which was of course cooked in beer which made for a flavoursome sauce. All very reasonably priced
Will look forward to a return trip

1  Thank 921DeborahF
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stopped in here after arriving by train and were so happy with the meal, service and setting we came back again. The staff was very friendly and helpful; we didn't feel like we were just tourists passing though.

1  Thank zenmartha2