“Real Flemish Food -and a lot of it!”
Review of 't Bagientje

't Bagientje
Reserve with
't Bagientje is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 710 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver USA
“Real Flemish Food -and a lot of it!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Like another reviewer here, we were steered here by a friendly bartender when we asked for dinner recommendation.

The service was very good and friendly. Their menu is not in English, but the waitress kidly described our options. We had a seasonal stew of root vegetables topped with sausage, chops and ribs, and braised rabbit, served with salad and fries. Both dishes were well made of quality ingredients, and tasted wonderful. The seasonal stew, which was a daily special, would have easily fed both of us, and we regretted leaving roughly half of it on the table. I pretty much polished off the bunny, but left some frites behind.

Great food. And when we return, we will go again, but we will know to be aware that some dishes are plenty for two.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Local referral”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was having a beer in Bruges and asked my waitress for a dinner recommendation that wasn't on Markt Square. She said this is where she goes with her family. I didn't have a reservation, which is recommended, but since I was traveling alone they found me a table. First, the service was amazing. They answered all my questions about the menu and made some great recommendations. The most important part though is that the food was fabulous. I started off with homemade pate. I hadn't had mussels yet on my trip so I tried theirs - absolutely amazing. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking to try traditional food. An added bonus is is near the train station so it was easy to catch my train back to Brussels.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank stl_emily
Fort Stockton, Texas
“Belgium at it's best.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Ate her while waiting for the train, five minute walk to station. Food for area was average, which made it excellent. It is impossible to have a bad meal in this wonderful area of the world. And here you can enjoy a great meal whole waiting for your train.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ted D
Barcelona, Spain
“Simply great! The ultimate Flemish food experience! :-D”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We got here by chance, walking towards the city centre in the evening. We were so lucky!!

The atmosphere in the restaurant is lovely, customers are locals - but the staff speaks perfect English.

We had dishes from the "suggestions of the day" list - and we were absolutely happy with them!! Flemish stew and another local meat and vegetables dish, and a bottle of red wine.
We were welcomed by a starter on the house, which we found super nice.

The staff was really warm and friendly.

The final bill was 70 Euros, which we found really good (bottle of wine and two main dishes, plus the free starters… generous portions, no need for anything else after that)

Really only positive things to say about this place!! Definitely recommended!

• Visited November 2013
Dubois
“Where the locals eat !”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

A great restaurant/hotel where friends and locals meet.For the traveler it is located a few steps from the railroad station. Flemish food at his best ! Seasonal dishes. We visited Bruges in May and ordered the in season 'asperges a la flamande' - We loved it. Also try the sole and make sure to order the croquettes ! and the Belgian frites with your steak. The food was excellent. Great and friendly service in a very cozy place.

• Visited May 2013