“lovely restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Chef Et Moi
Ranked #16 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bishop's Waltham, United Kingdom
“lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Excellent food, and charming staff, but a long long wait. They really need to work on their timing in the kitchen.

Visited June 2012

• Greek first
New York City, New York
“Suprised by the ranking (#105) on here-had excellent meal here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I came here on a thursday night in february and the restaurant was empty except for my wife and I. The menu had a heavy french influence with a lot of dishes that featured duck liver or foie gras. My appetizer was a lobster and duck liver salad that was excellent, and my entree was a filet of kangaroo. I hadn't had kangaroo before but I loved it. The piece of meat was cooked perfectly and it was quite tasty.

I thought the atmosphere was beautiful and the location of the restaurant is great-a short walk away from Our Church of Our Lady and 5 minute walk to the Markt.

If I return to Brugge I will definitely eat there again.

• Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Christmas day enjoyment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We came here for Christmas Day at lunch time. We had booked on line and received good attention before and then an excellent welcome.

I don't think that Christmas lunch was as bust as their expected evening so the atmosphere was a little quieter than anticipated.

There was a set menu for the day with two choices for starter and main and a set pudding. My husband and I had one of each and between us had some excellent meals, but other courses were good but not as exceptional. For instance my starter - a carpaccio of venison, duck pate, pear, Gorgonzola and leaves - has been raved about by me to anyone who will listen but my husband's choice while good did not wow.

I would suggest a visit here but perhaps in the evening where it is busier and the candle light can
flicker over the art and sculptures.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
London
“excellent fixed price lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stopped and had lunch here before making a visit to the Groeningemuseum next door. The restaurant was very quiet, almost empty, and we wondered whether we had made a mistake but we had a really excellent fixed price lunch (20 Euros for three courses of quite sophisticated food). A quiet oasis away from the tourist bustle.

• Visited July 2011
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Superb - on every level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

Just returned from Bruge and this was by far the highlight of the trip. Unfortunately our usual restaurant, the excellent Spinola, was closed for holiday and we failed to book anywhere else - leaving it to chance. First night was dire, we ended up in one restaurant, affiliated to a hotel, and was swizzed with the wine and paid a lot for very mediocre food. Determined not to make the same mistake again we spent the next day hunting for somewhere better (although Quick Burger could probably give A**** a run for it's money), chanced upon Le chef et moi. It looks fantastic, the hosting was fantastic and the food sublime. Go for the dinner menu (baby lobster, skate followed by dessert) - which for 35 EUR represents some of the best value I have come across in a while. Superb.

• Visited July 2011