“Worth seeking out”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hidden away behind a small shopping development, but right on the canal - great location.

Was worried at first - we were the only diners, some drinks not available, coffee machine not working, linen tablecloth clean but worn, often a bad sign.

Be reassured, whoever is in the kitchen really knows their stuff!.Excellent food, generous portions, good service. High point was the chefs tagliatelle with scampi which was absolutely epic - beautiful pasta, generous portion of outstanding scampi, and beautifully spiced and flavoured sauce. Filet mignonette steak excellent, frites memorable.

Worth a detour.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I wouldn't usually write bad reviews but me and my boyfriend were so disappointed with this meal that I felt I ought to. The setting is lovely, right by the canal but the food was terrible and the atmosphere non existent. The mussels were over cooked and the rest of our meal tasted shop bought, cheap and nasty. The service was good but we left disappointed and angry for spending €75 on a tasteless meal. Don't go.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited restaurant 57 on our final evening in Bruges which was a slight disappointment but could have been a lovely meal! We were given some mini voluvents while we waited for our main course which were nice. For mains, I ordered a rib eye steak with mushroom sauce which I asked for the steak to be well done and my boyfriend ordered half a grilled chicken with peppercorn sauce. First impressions of the meal looked very lovely but unfortunately after getting to the middle of my steak, blood was pouring out, I would of liked to have known what you would have got if you had ordered a rare steak! My boyfriends chicken came in two halves in which the first half he ate was nice but the other half was very pink! When the waiter collected our dishes we expressed our disappointed and he was very apologetic & told the chef our opinions, this proceeded in us getting both of our meals at half price. The waiter continued to be extremely apologetic and explained to us that his brother normally worked in the kitchen & he was away on holiday!

I would hope that if we had the normal chef then maybe our food would have been cooked properly and therefore would have been a very lovely meal in a nice setting by the canal!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Beautiful experience. Amazing high quality food and good prices, perfect atmosphere, very nice and helpful staff, Higly recommended. Thanks for the hospitality.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant on our last night and wished we had found it sooner! From the street you probably would not give it a second glance as the restaurany is actually accessed via steps down throgh a small shopping mall, but once there it is quite lovely.The restaurant has large windows out to the the river directly running along side with swans gliding by. Although it was quiet we were treated brilliantly, nothing was too much trouble, We had chosen the set meal from the board in the street but our daughter had decided to try something else. While we waited we were served with small vol au vents compliments of the chef. I chose the capaccio of beef and my husband tried the stuffed tomato filled with small shrimps. My starter was gorgeous, thin pieces of beef with a layer of rocket and parmesan shavings dressed with balsamic vinegar. Our main cousre was breast of duck with a beautiful cordon bleu style medley of veg on a bed of mash.Wonderful. The desert was not included on our menu but we decided to have some and the presentation was superb. Our waiter also brought us over three glases and poured in some limoncello again compliments of the house. We found ut the waiter was the brother of the chef and they ran the restaurant with their father. I would definately give this place 10 out of 10 in all areas of service food and location, can't wait to come back in the summer.