The Ibis Brugge Centrum wasn't anything special but it wasn't bad either. The building itself is really nice and the reception and café area are very modern and sleek. The room (number 337) was simple and clean. It wasn't very big but we didn't expect a suite. The ensuite was good, it had a bath/shower which impressed me because so few hotels seem to have a bath in them anymore. The toilet was a little crammed in and you had to sort of rest your forehead on the wall to sit on it. It's a tight fit so if you're a bigger person (in height or girth) you might want to bear this in mind if you're thinking about this hotel. There are spare pillows and covers so plenty to keep you warm. Despite the cobbled street outside, with the window shut the noise was very minimal, possibly helped by this hotel being more away from the centre.
We chose not to do the breakfast at 12 euros a head and instead grabbed breakfast at a café on the way into the centre. You can get toasties, waffles or pastries and coffee for under 5 euros. The Carrefour opposite the hotel also does croissants for 90cents. I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about the hotel breakfast but plenty of people were having it so it can't have been bad.
We drove to Bruges and this hotel has a car park beneath it which is 8euros 70 for 24 hours parking. It's also fairly easy to find by car. It takes no more than 10 minutes to stroll to the central Markt but you also get the advantage of being in a more quiet neighbourhood for sleeping.
This is a good budget hotel for a long weekend. Perhaps not best for any longer stays but it was fine for us and we would recommend this hotel to others looking for somewhere cheap but not too far from the main action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Brugge Centrum hotel is located in an ancient medieval building in the centre of Bruges, a few minutes from the railway station. Close to the hotel, you can visit the Tour Belfry, Notre Dame church and the Lac d.Amour Minnewater. As well as the 128 rooms available for booking, it has a bar open 24/24 for snacks, public indoor pay parking and a restaurant offering regional specialities. Guests on a business trip have Wifi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Brugge Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Brugge Centrum Hotel Bruges
- Ibis Hotel Bruges
- Ibis Hotel Brugge Centrum