My wife and I have been visiting Bruges for about 15 years. We stayed at this hotel twice
during those early years, because of its location and price, which at that time included breakfast. We were also aware it had been refurbished within the last 2 years or so.
I am an Accor Group cardholder and received an e-mail offering a deal which was too good to miss - 56 euro a night, room only. I believe the normal rack-rate to be 155 euro. Quite frankly I wouldn't pay that, for what is a slighlty more up-market Travelodge in standard room mode.
We had a standard room, which was adequate for our needs. It was very clean and bed-linen was changed daily. Tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge are handy, and the two BBC stations were available on the TV.
We didn't eat in. Breakfast is much cheaper at a couple of cafes within 100metres of the hotel. We also have our fsvourite restaurants in the town, so always have dinner out.
Parking is handy, underneath the hotel in a public car-park, and at 8.70 Euro for 24 hours, in my experience of parking abroad, is good value.
Only gripe was the room was too warm when sleeping. We prefer a cooler atmosphere, but
the air-con didn't produce cool air. To be fair we didn't take it up with the management.
Opening the window led to noise being heard from the smokers area outside, both at this hotel and the Ibis opposite,the odd drunk(s) shouting as they walked through the piazza, as well as people on mobile phones - and we are talking of 2 am & 4am here.
Nevertheless, it's a pleasant place to stay, staff we encountered were cheerful and helpful and it's location is handy for the Minnewater areaand Notre Dame, with a 10 min walk into the town centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Brugge Centrum is a 3 star hotel in the historic centre of Bruges, a unique European city known as the Venice of the North. It features 126 comfortable and functional rooms, a bar and restaurant, plus 8 rooms for meetings and conferences and1 large multifunctional room. The hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays in Bruges with your partner or family, boasting a garden, terrace and outdoor heated pool in summer. Public pay parking available under the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Novotel Brugge Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Brugge Centrum Hotel Bruges
- Novotel Hotel Bruges
- Novotel Hotel Brugge Centrum
- Novotel Bruges
- Bruges Novotel