“Excellent hotel in perfect location.”

Pand Hotel Small Luxury Hotel
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed May 11, 2009

It was tough navigating the narrow streets, but once we got to the hotel, it was well worth it. Right in the middle of Bruges, perfect location. The nice lady behind the counter helped us check in, and kindly drove with me to the garage, which was just around the corner. She helped me bring my bags back, and it was only then I found out that she was the owner! Great service. The rooms were fantastic. We stayed in one of the ralph lauren appointed rooms, and it was very nice. It would be difficult to go back to Bruges and not stay here again... I can't say anything bad about this place. We had already planned out our meals, so we didn't eat here... that was my only regret.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed May 10, 2009

A neat, tidy and well put together hotel; furnished with individuality. Breakfast was a delight, and different - mandatory champagne. The location was perfect for exploring the city on foot, which is the right way to see Bruges. The staff were helpful and efficient. This is not a hotel to spend lots of time in, space dictates functionality rather than provision of distractions.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Visited Bruges and the Pand in late April 2009.A delightful small hotel.All staff very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.Fantastic breakfast we didnt need to eat much until the early eveming.Rooms are on the small side but dont be put off by earlier comments.They are very comfortable,king sized beds,crisp spotlessly clean sheets although the pillows are very comfortable but too small for such a large bed.The bathroom with spa bath and superb shower over was newly refurbished although the bathroom itself was on the small side it had everything you could think of included.What a pity that the towels were so small and not as luxurious as the rest of the room.
The location could not be bettered.Next to the canal trips and 5 mins from the main square.I would without hesitation return.It was one of the nicest small hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Stayed in a Ralph Lauren suite, well-appointed; The location of the Pand is perfect for Bruges, however I thought 2 nights in Bruges was too much. Can do it all in one day. However hotel staff were extremely pleasant, breakfast was very good but not certain if it was worth the price (22 euros each i think). My only problem with the hotel was the bed was way too stiff (not comfortable for my wife or me), the central air also didn't get too cold so we had to sleep on top the covers (isn't this just europe though?). But overall we loved the location and the staff and the free wireless internet access. Pros outweighed the cons here. Enjoyed the recommended Rock Barn restaurant as well. Would stay here again if we happen upon bruges again. Charlotte, North Carolina

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

On our stay at Bruges we got food poisoning; not at this Hotel, to make it clear from the beginning ; ) Staff at The Pand Hotel were more than helpful on every occasion. We stayed one night more and The Pand Hotel organised the visit of the doctor to our room and they helped us with pharmacy too. Overall, very good service. To get ready your room twice a day is a bonus too. Any critics? Maybe...No!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2009

The Pand was a great choice for my recent three night stay in Bruges. My room was pretty, clean and comfortable. I was solo in my room so its small size and the twin-beds-pushed-together set up did not bother me but would have if I had been traveling with my spouse. It is my understanding that larger rooms are available for doubles. The only negative was that my room was very near the elevator which was quite loud. The entire staff at this hotel is engaging, warm and helpful! The guest information book they have put together in the room is one of the most extensive and helpful I have seen. The common areas (bar and lounge/lobby/sitting rooms) are beautiful and comfortable. To make the choice to pay for the full waiter breakfast is to experience some of the most delicious cooked-to-order egg entrees I have ever seen and the broadest range of tasty and fresh breakfast foods. Free internet access and use was a tremendous plus.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2009

From the moment I arrived at the Pand Hotel I knew I was in for a relaxing and enjoyable time. The room I booked was a Junior suite with fantastic views over the city's historic buildings. The room it self was delightful, cosy and beautifully decorated.

The following morning I had a very feeling Champange breakfast which 'set me up' for the rest of the day...the breakfast is an experience not to be missed. The small but cosy bar is a great place to unwind or simply to start the evening with a drink before exploring the delights of Brugge.

The service from the reception staff was excellent and made sure that my stay would be a memorable one, I would recommend anyone thinking of having a break or on business in Brugge to head for the Pand you will not be dissapointed.

Wonderful experience....i'll be back in May...

Mr. Leaney