Pand Hotel Small Luxury Hotel
$102
$93
Agoda.com
1,353 results
All reviewsjunior suiteglass of champagnechampagne breakfastcharming roomfour poster bedeggs cookedjacuzzi bathfree walking tourchocolate moussebreakfast roomquiet streetsmall barperfect locationwonderful hotellounge areasitting roomturn down service
Reviewed March 10, 2009

From the moment I arrived at the Pand Hotel I knew I was in for a relaxing and enjoyable time. The room I booked was a Junior suite with fantastic views over the city's historic buildings. The room it self was delightful, cosy and beautifully decorated.

The following morning I had a very feeling Champange breakfast which 'set me up' for the rest of the day...the breakfast is an experience not to be missed. The small but cosy bar is a great place to unwind or simply to start the evening with a drink before exploring the delights of Brugge.

The service from the reception staff was excellent and made sure that my stay would be a memorable one, I would recommend anyone thinking of having a break or on business in Brugge to head for the Pand you will not be dissapointed.

Wonderful experience....i'll be back in May...

Mr. Leaney

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We booked over the phone, they made dinner reservations for us, sorted out parking in their private garage and made us feel very welcome when we arrived. Our experience at the Pand has been the best City break we have ever had. We arrived before 1pm and after we booked in they organised a walking tour of the City by an 82 year old guide who knew everything about Bruges and without a clip board in sight.

We stayed in a Junior Ralph Lauren Suite, the room had a four poster bed a very comfortable sitting area, fantastic separate shower and Jacuzzi bath. The mini bar was stacked and very reasonable. We had a small Sun terrace and the layout was very comforting.

The people at the Pand know exactly what excellent service is without making you feel uncomfortable. Nothing is too much trouble and you feel that if there was a training course on how to operate a Hotel it would be based on the Pand.

Breakfast is something we will remember for a long time, everything available is of a high quality , your cooked breakfast is hot and made for you on the Aga across the other side of the room. My wife has a dairy allergy and they sorted out some Soya milk & yogurts for us, if you have special dietary requirements they can deal with it without making a fuss.

The Lounge area and the Bar are very warm, relaxing and welcoming, we came back late in the evenings and they sorted out drinks & snacks without looking at their watches.

Their recommendations for Restaurants, Chocolate shops, Galleries and other interesting places are excellent and they take pride in the way they deal with you.

If you want to buy any Beer in Bruges to take away with you, go to The Bottle Shop, www.thebottleshop.eu, Wollestraat 13. The lady who runs this shop started 12 years ago, knows every Beer in the place and there are lots of them, they are a small business with lots of stock and appreciate your custom unlike a lot of the other tourist \ corporate stores in Bruges. We bought so much that they dropped it off at the Pand for us.

To draw a close on this review, congratulations to the Pand for creating and running the most welcoming, friendly, professional Hotel we have been fortunate to stay in. If you are looking at Hotels in Bruges I would strongly recommend you give them a call and you will wonder why all Hotels are not like this.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2009

One of the most romantic hotels we have ever seen... The room was splendid and the service was perfect. Even breakfast was a pleasure in itself...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My wife & I stayed 2 nights at the Pand Hotel in Brugge. It was our first visit and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful. We received recommendations for restaurants, plus a discount card that provided meaningful discounts for museums in Brugge. The staff was patient, and spent time providing us info for restaurants for dinner, as well as suggestions for finding a good place to experience Brugge pancakes (crepes) and what to do in January in Brugge.

The room was also wonderful--we had a jr. suite for a relatively economical price of 230 (euros) per night, including taxes. I realize it was off season and that was an unusually low price. If possible, I'd recommend traveling to Brugge in the off season, as we had no problems getting around and the musuems, sites, restaurants and stores were wonderfully uncrowded. We had one day with a little drizzle, otherwise it was clear and cool, which we like for walking around. I understand from speaking with the locals that it can be crazy crowded during the warmer months, especially on weekends.

The room was quiet, even though it opened onto a small internal courtyard in the hotel. Great firm bed, shower with separate jacuzzi tub, as well as a separate commode--which comes in handy for obvious reasons. There was a small couch, desk, and a couple of other comfortable places to sit in the room.

The location of the hotel was perfect--literally less than 100 feet away from one of the prettiest intersections in Brugge (mentioned in Rick Steves' Brugge Guide as a picture-taking spot) where there are particularly good views of the canals and buildings from circa 1500.

Also, the hotel staff gave us great dinner recommendations: if possible have meals at Rock Fort & Quatre Main, wonderful restaurants and staff. My wife and I travel a bit, and those were 2 of the best meals we have ever had in Europe. We live in San Francisco and have some experience in eating at good restaurants. These 2 in Brugge were some of the best places we've eaten, especially for the price. We had 2 wonderful meals, w/ a moderate amount of wine, for about 100 euros each. If you're in Brugge, try those restaurants. You won't be disappointed.

I recommend the Pand for anyone looking for a quiet, peaceful and romantic hotel. The staff is warm and helpful, with endless patience in responding to our requests.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 8, 2009

My daughter & I stayed at the Pand Hotel whilst on a short holiday to Bruges, a small medieval city with cobble streets, canals, and shops selling lace & chocolates.
The hotel is superbly located in a quiet square in one of the most scenic parts of the old town. It is around a 2 minute wlk from the central 'Markt' square and the hotel is very close to all the major museums & sights, perfectly located for exploring Bruges. It was a short taxi ride from the station (8 euros) and after that we walked everywhere.
We booked a superior room and, although it was quite small with a tiny bathroom, it had everything we needed, including air-conditioning, and looked out over the rooftops. Our room was very clean & tidy, very comfortable and the decor was lovely.
However it is the staff that makes the Pand Hotel so special. They went out of their way throughout our stay to assist us in every way posssible and to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. This includes all the reception and dining room staff.
The breakfast is a must, offering a great range of croissants, pastries, cereals, cheeses, cold meats, fruit & yoghurts together with a cooked course. There was even a glass of champagne to start the day !
We also strongly recommend the hotel's tour guide - he is called Andrew and he is fantastic. We went on a horse-drawn carriage ride and a boat trip, both excellent.

Sheila & Clare Allan