Pand Hotel Small Luxury Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Academie Hotel(Bruges)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
Flanders Hotel(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$115
  • Pool
Duc de Bourgogne(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
1,341 results
All reviewsjunior suiteglass of champagnechampagne breakfastcharming roomfour poster bedeggs cookedjacuzzi bathfree walking tourchocolate moussebreakfast roomquiet streetsmall barperfect locationwonderful hotellounge areasitting roomturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A lovely hotel off the main circuit but very close to all. The rooms were quite nice. My teen had a lovely room - traditional decor but clean and they put us next to each other. Other room was spacious and tradional. Nice amenities. Mattress comfy but a bit firm. We had a junior ralph Lauren suite. Perhaps the fabrics they used? that they chose to name the room. we had a decent view of some buildings and we were lucky with weather! They have a breakfast room for the morning but we chose to eat out. The meal is not included in our pkg anyway. The young man who checked us in was very helpful. He seemed to be the only one around and he looked like he was working hard- the heat was in the 30's that week. The elevator holds just 3 max. Very old style but entertaining and it worked just fine!! The sitting room off the main entrance was lovely and a nice place to have a drink or some appetizers. If you want to be away from the touristy area but close enough to walk to the main areas- this was a winner!
An SLH hotel was the reason we chose this and of course the trip advisor reviews. Im a hard marker and I would say this hotel is a bit tired looking . The only negative was I noticed the carpet in our room needed a freshen up- and carpet cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at Pand hotel for 3 nights and overall had a wonderful experience.

The staff were lovely, helpful, warm and welcoming.

The room was lovely with all the extras and details you'd hope for. Hermes products in the bathroom, gorgeous furniture, amazing views over the city. As there are only 20-odd rooms in the hotel, it feels very personal. There is also a small bar and a lounge area - i'd never normally feel draw to these sorts of places at hotels, but felt very comfortable here. We returned back from a late dinner and ended up having a G&T in the lounge and playing chess. Just very homely.

Breakfast was amazing and served every day by the same lovely man, very helpful and smiley - just what you want in the morning!

We asked quite a few questions about travel, attractions etc. and found the staff to be very helpful every time. The hotel was well positioned for restaurants, bars and attractions.

Every evening we came back to find chocolates on our bed and a full report of the weather expected on the next day. On our first day, there was also a letter from the hotel owners, welcoming us and going over the ethos of the hotel - very nice. On the day we arrived, I was also presented with a voucher for 2 complimentary glasses of champagne as my partner had mentioned when booking that we'd be staying for my birthday - little touches like that go a long way.

My only gripe would be the bed. It was a double bed but made up of two single beds put together that both tilted in one directions. The pillows were also very bad. I'd not normally mention something like this but as it's not a cheap hotel, I had expected more.

In summary: I highly recommend this hotel and would do so to any friend or family member going to Bruges. I'd also go back again myself without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a top floor room (for the view!)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very sweet little hotel. Really accomodating staff, excellent breakfast. Nice little library for pre dinner drinks. We had a suite which was large and very clean. Separate bathroom with 2 sinks - nice! Great location. One drawback to Bruges - not the hotel - was really hard to find somewhere to eat when we arrived (around 10pm) we were made to feel that this was an extra ordinary request so book ahead!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, unbelievable breakfast. But Hotel is looking tired, last time we booked a suite and size was adequate, this time we booked a std room, clostraphobic, poorly equipped, noisy (but effective) ac, big door gaps means lts full of light creep. Be prepared to get charged for everything, water, even DVDs. I think it's under new management, hope they sort out the niggles of this potential gem.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave C
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were quite disappointed with this hotel. Perhaps our expectations were too high but this is a SLH after all.

This hotel was probably once an excellent place to stay in Bruges but, according to us, this rose has faded. Our room, and consequently bathroom, were extremely small, decor looked very tired (there was not one frame in our room which was hanging straight... A detail? Perhaps, but it is also an indication of some lack of attention to detail), very old air conditioning installation,... It's an old building, so you hear every noise in the corridor. Honestly, it had more a B&B feel to it.

Location is of course perfect and service is good and friendly.

I would normally have given this hotel an average but in function of the other "averages" I've given, I had to rate this hotel as poor (sorry). Otherwise I would not do justice to those other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple