“Perfect little gem”

Pand Hotel Small Luxury Hotel
Ranked #9 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just back from three nights at The Pand, excellent location. We stayed in a Ralph Lauren suite, very comfortable, excellent bed. Overlooked front of hotel, not too noisy. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast very good, quaint little room, the lady cooking on the Aga was efficient and charming. Easy to walk to most of the main sites. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ralph Lauren suite worth the extra
1  Thank GerryMCM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We've just returned from a fantastic 4 day break in Bruges, made even lovelier by our stay in a junior suite at the Pand Hotel. The hotel's location is so central to all the main Bruges sights, with the canal right at the end of the street. A taxi from Bruges station to the hotel is only 10 mins and about €10.

Our welcome was great, very friendly reception staff who showed us where we were the map and where recommended restaurants are in relation to the hotel. We literally dumped our bags in the room and went out to explore. So pleased to find how central we were and all the major sights are within 10-15 mins walk.

Our junior suite was lovely and homely and the bed was also very comfortable despite feeling a bit hard when I first lay down. Breakfast is also fantastic. At €17 per person it isn't cheap but it is so convenient, delightfully served and very tasty so I'd recommend it over traipsing around Bruges to find something comparable.

Bruges is such a lovely city - we loved just wandering around the canals. Every corner seems to lead to another lovely view and another chocolate shop! The Ice Magic Sculpture festival was there when we went and is a brilliant, if rather cold, way to spend an hour! We were disappointed by the Christmas markets which I thought would be amazing but to be honest, the Christmas markets in Mcr are much bigger and better.

Overall we really enjoyed our trip, the Pand Hotel is somewhere very special and Bruges is a fairy tale place to visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Ralph Lauren junior suite - 107. Comfortable, clean and cosy.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Romantic, great location, wonderful decor.

You won't be disappointed if you book the Pand. The location is extremely central: you exit, turn left and are on the canal in a matter of seconds.

A favourite was the open fire, and an evening drink.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David_t_Doe
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stunning and homely place with a lot of class. The service was fantastic and I cannot recommend the hotel more. It is a luxurious place without being too flash. We stayed in one of the Junior suites which was perfect. Great location for the rest of the city and I will return.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

So blown away by our first stay at the Pand Hotel a couple of years ago, we promised ourselves a return visit. The opportunity arose to visit last week for just a one night stay and we were not disappointed. Walk through the doors of this small, boutique hotel and you step into a world of luxury and style which is coupled with a real warmth and charm. The service is spot on. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff manage to portray an understated attentiveness. We were driving through Bruges and booked parking with the hotel. On arrival we were able to put our car in one of the hotel's garages for the duration of our stay, making life fuss free in a busy city. The room we stayed in was perfect for us - do not expect large rooms or bathrooms unless you have a suite. The emphasis is on small but perfectly formed - quality and attention to detail is the key here. The hotel is brilliantly placed for walking around Bruges, taking in the sights and making best use of bars and restaurants. The staff recommended a few places for dinner and were happy to book for us. Our first choice, "Le Chef et Moi" was fully booked and we opted for Christophe a short walk away. The food was excellent. Like one of the other reviewers, we too have a great bed at home and often find hotel beds disappointing - not here! Breakfast is a real treat too and served in a manner you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. We're already planning our third visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo C
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked this hotel based on reading recommendations and reviews from tripadvisor, so i think it's only fair i write my own review.
I recently returned from a 2 night stay in the Pand Hotel, where I took my girlfriend for a surprise birthday weekend. As it was a romantic weekend away I wanted something that looked flash, and I wasn't disappointed.
When we arrived the check in staff at the reception were warm, friendly and professional. They took our bags to the room whilst I checked in, and gave us some maps and details on Bruges, which was helpful. I had emailed prior to arriving and asked for a restaurant recommendation. Sarah replied very swiftly with a number of suggestions and when I picked one she even booked it for me. FYI, it was "le chef et moi" - a very good suggestion, nice food, friendly waitress, good atmosphere, and about 5 mins walk from the hotel.

The hotel is genuinely beautifully decorated, from the cosy bar at the front of the hotel to the very snug sitting room with an open fire, which was very welcome given the temperature outside. I'm not sure how recently it was decorated but the finish is a really high standard, and it manages to be warm and cosy but at the same time immaculate. My girlfriend was impressed, which meant that I was very pleased with my choice of hotel.

The room itself was a really good size (we had room 2 on the ground floor, which is a junior suite). The hotel is quiet, as it's set just off the main street, so no has real passing traffic. The location is excellent for sightseeing though. In fact if you like wine and/or jazz there's a really nice wine/jazz bar about 50 feet from the front door, does excellent gluwein (not the rubbish stuff you'll get in the markets) and tasty cheeses.

Anyway, back to the hotel, the bathroom has a whirlpool bath and a separate granite shower, both very welcome when we arrived in from the cold. The bed was large. We have a nice bed at home so it's sometimes a disappointment when we travel to find a small or uncomfortable bed, but not here. My girlfriend did find the mattress slightly firmer than she normally likes it, and we ended up putting a blanket under the sheets to cushion it a bit. We didn't think it was worth mentioning this to the reception staff as it was quite a minor issue, but clearly the maid noticed this and by the second night we noticed she had remade the bed with an additional pillow top mattress cover, which was really thoughtful and made my girlfriend very happy indeed (she's a nurse who works shifts so she really values her sleep).

There's no restaurant for lunch/dinner in the hotel, but frankly you're so close to the thousands of other great reastautants and bistro's that it would be a crime to stay in your hotel and eat when you're in Bruges. What the hotel does have is a really nice breakfast room, which is decorated to the same high standard as the rest of the hotel. The breakfast costs £22 but we were given a discount to £17 when we checked in. For this you get fruit, yoghurt, tea/coffee/juice, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs (however you like them), tasty bread rolls, ham, cheese, jams etc. Oh and a glass of champagne thrown in for good measure. It's actually very good value and good quality too. Plus the waitress didn't look annoyed as we turned up about 5 mins before the end of the breakfast shift on both mornings. As with everyone else in the hotel the waitress was warm and friendly. I'm not sure if this hotel is family run/managed, but I definitely got the feeling that everyone I met here enjoys their jobs, which is not always the case in some larger hotels.
I would defintely recommend this hotel to friend, and my girlfriend already did so to her brother when we got back, so i think they'll find their way over there some time soon.

In summary, I can't think of a single complaint about this hotel. The building is beautiful, the location is perfect, the staff and the service are tremendous, and the breakfast is great. What's not to like?

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 on the ground floor, which is a Junior Suite. Very comfortable. The room temp was...
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I have never stayed anywhere before where I felt so cared for in such elegant surroundings. I cannot say enough good things about this place. It's in the perfect location, easy to find with the sat nav, and steps away from the river where you can take a boat trip and close to the main square for once you arrive and you want to explore. We chose to park with the hotel and had our own garage! The room was beautiful, we booked a Ralph Lauren suite which was lovely, not a huge room but perfect for us, with a four poster bed, marble bathroom and jacuzzi bath. The best bed in a hotel I have ever slept in. The hotel's sitting room is stunning and their bar is beautifully elegant . Breakfast is just out of this world. Too many wonderful things to mention!!

• Stayed: November 2012