“Lovely food.”

Dining options: Reservations
Lancashire
“Lovely food.”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great tagliatelle carbonara. Simple food, great prices! Eat here when in Bruges! I can't recommend it enough. Cost less that 25 euros for four people. Quick tip - ring in advance to book. The owner speaks good English and apparently does not like walk-ins!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank BMMLancashire

Reading, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Maybe the food is good and cheap, but who wants to be made to feel like dirt for the sake of cheap pasta? Avoid this unpleasant and rude place and splash the extra couple of euros at eating at Pasta Presto opposite where they will also offer delicious bolognese and with good service. Don't subsidise this obnoxious man's lifestyle until he stops being so hostile.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sph33
Nashville, Tennessee
“Who knows, couldn't get past the "gatekeeper"”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I went in early in the day to request a dinner reservation. First he pretended he didn't speak English, I think for the benefit and entertainment of a handful of his friends that were in the restaurant. Then he admitted he did speak English, what did I want (what did he think I wanted, I wondered?), so I politely asked if he would have an open reservation for that evening. "Done". I asked if I understood correctly that he was fully booked, no reservations available at all that evening, "Yes". I said "Okay, thank you anyway" and left. He didn't ask how many, or was I willing to come in early or late, or anything really. It didn't matter what I was there for: I wasn't going to get it. Check my many other reviews over the years and decide for yourself if I'm snooty or hard to get along with...I'm not, I'm far and away on the other end of the spectrum. Only thing I can think is that this guy has had his fill of Americans, or people that look like me, or for some other reason he just took immediate offense...no idea, as it was without doubt the rudest and most complete shut-down I've ever experienced. I do hear that he serves pretty good spaghetti, and his beer is cheap, if he decides he'll serve you, so you'll have to decide for yourself how badly you want what he may or may not have on offer.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JaymoOslo
Melbourne, Australia
“good food, big portion, nicely priced”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Glad to have had this recommendation from Rick Steves, and lucky for me the restaurant had just reopened that day, after having been closed for some remodeling. I got the big plate (not "huge," but was still a huge portion), of hot, meaty spaghetti for only 3 euros and it so didn't disappoint! The sauce was great. I also dined next to an awesome local, elderly, retired postal worker who, after lunch, gave me a tour around Bruges. I don't drink, but my elderly friend told me the cherry beer was fantastic and a good cheap price. Totally great find for good food for a decent price.

• Visited March 2014
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Perfect for the price.”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We found this joint in the rick steves book, and would definitely recommend it. It had a nice family feel and was swarmed with locals when we went. A block of off market street and 4 euros for a huge bowl of spaghetti and a 1.50 euro beer you really can't go wrong.

Visited April 2014