“A fine recommendation”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We asked a couple that we met at lunch at Malesherbes where we should go for dinner and they suggested Brasserie Raymond; we were glad that they had as we enjoyed our evening there. It is a busy, bustling restaurant with an extremely warm and comfortable atmosphere. We ate well, the bouillabaisse was properly made with plenty of fish, mussels, clams and even a langoustine in it, whilst I enjoyed my veal kidneys in a mustard sauce; starters were equally good, a sort of lobster stew for me, one of the specials of the day, whilst Penny had a generous portion of langoustines grilled with garlic and herb butter. Somewhere that we would definitely return to, though not a cheap experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I will always remember this place fondly. My friend and I had dinner outside and learned about large asparagus and grey shrimp. Come with an appetite! We found that we over- ordered.

This place is wonderfully generous; most patrons had been recommended to here by their hotels and with ours we got a free glass of champagne with our referral.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant and return, which to me says a lot.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

They really looked after us and the food and atmosphere was great. Thank you. My daughter who was 18 really enjoyed the surprise at the end.

1  Thank BorisUckfield
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Typical French Brasserie style. Warm and cosy interior. We were there last Saturday night (for the nth time) and it was a success again. The ladies had fish and we, gents, had meat (try the Tartare Steak of the house). As a starter my partner and I shared a dish with Oysters (creuses) and the others had North Sea shrimp croquettes. We were delighted. White and red house wines are excellent ! I had the ice cream profiteroles with chocolate;, bye bye cholesterol limits ;-) . Prices are standard for that type of restaurant and food quality. Service is very good, very friendly, not to long not too slow, the customer is "Queen/King". If you like a typical aperitif; take the "Picon Vin Blanc" and the olives served with it are excellent. Music is good and discrete. Bon appétit !

1  Thank Jean-Claude27
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We enjoyed superb dinner and lunch here during 3 night visit to Bruges. The Pheasant special was the best game bird we had ever tasted and was served with really interesting and tasty accompaniments. Not cheap but excellent value for money.

1  Thank EnglandIan