“Lovely stew”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 't Vagevuur

't Vagevuur
Ranked #165 of 707 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wolverhampton, England
“Lovely stew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Found this on our first night in Bruges, and I wanted to have the Flemish Stew, I was not disappointed, gorgeous, part of a set menu with delicious chocolate mousse, (only what you would expect I suppose) nice atmosphere, good music calming. most enjoyable.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Emjay7

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
LONG BEACH TWP, NJ
“WORST RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had lunch at this place on sept 19, 2013. The service was horrible. We waited 20 minutes before the waitress approached us. The server poured our wine, he spilled some on the table and did not bother to clean it up.
I order half an order of mussels. When the bill came, i was charged for a full order. When i pointed the error out to the waitress, she told me that i would have to pay for a full order since i ate them all. When i asked her how i was supposed to know that it was a full order, she had no answer. When i told her i did not think i should pay for a full order, she checked with her boss. She came back and told me that her boss said i needed to pay for the full order. When i told her i would not, she said she was calling the police. When the police did not show up after 45 minutes, i asked to speak to her boss. He came storming out of the kitchen and screamed at me that i should not go on vacation without enough money to pay for my meals.
I paid for half of an order and the waitress told me to never come back. That was not necessary. I would not go back there on a bet.

2 Thank JOHN H
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Just off The Markt but better food, not too expensive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We came here for the Flemish stew and rabbit...it was very good and did not disappoint. Very generous portions. I can recommend the Flemish rabbit, Flemish stew, and a Flemish chicken stew...the prawns were also very good! The prices were reasonable, after having 2 hot chocolates and 2 waffles for €30 in another restaurant in The Markt, we were happy to see our bill came to €124 for 5 people...about €25 each for dinner and dessert. You can get a fixed price meal for €19-€30 or order a la carte.

At first we thought the waiter was rude and were laughing because it was such a shock, we made lots of jokes so we actually were entertained by his responses and didn't take offense...but we later realized it was his super-dry sense of humour which I'm sure most people don't get. He didn't hesitate to give his opinion the what we ordered, and when one of us ordered a familiar but cheap whiskey after dinner, he said he wouldn't even use it to mix with coca-cola...and then recommended for only .50 more but was quite an improvement. For Dessert: The chocolate mousse is highly recommended and the creme broulee came flaming to our table. And of course, they have waffles...not the best I've had, but a waffle with chocolate sauce can never be bad!

1 Thank sarana919
Chalon-sur-Saone, France
“Nice service mixed with good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Very good mussels, very fresh and the prices were normal, without taking advantage of the tourism. Also very good choice of beers.
The place was romantic, the music, the calm.
Good location next to markt but in a quiet street

1 Thank Alexis D
“Beautiful stew, delicious waffles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We came here for the Flemish stew- very nice and a generous portion. Would recommend. It is in a lovely location just off the Markt so quieter. The service was attentive. Despite being full from all the stew I had to have a Belgium waffle given how lovely the lady's next to me looked. It did not disappoint. Would recommend a stay here.

• Visited August 2013