“Looks better than it is”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Ranked #579 of 757 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with my wife and we chose the fixed price menu. Minestone soup was thin and tasted as if diluted with water, pasta was overcooked and not all that hot but the panna cotta was liked by my wife and the tiramiso I had, although not ordered, was OK. Cost was 12.5 euros, which was about the going rate. Service was perfunctory and rather slow. They must be doing well because three couples were turned away just after 2 o.'clock when there were tables empty! Quite nice decor.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Summary:
1.- Tasteless food
2.- Overpriced
3.- Incredibly bad customer service
Overall the worst restaurant I have ever been.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went there with my sister using a groupon voucher for a four course dinner, which was only 35 euros for the both of us (drinks not included of course). I had bruschette pomodoro, carpaccio parmigiano e rucola, Ossobuco alla Milanese o funghi con pasta al vino and Tiramisu. Everything was very good and I really had no complaints, all of my dishes tasted great. My sister had pasta with salmon which was a bit too salty. Her panna cotta was not that special but average. We had 0.5 l rosé wine for 10 euros and a large bottle of still water for only 4 euros. It's a small restaurant but very cosy. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want to have a quiet evening.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had booked elsewhere but restaurant had not been able to accommodate us so we tried this restaurant .
The waitress was very welcoming and offered to take the pushchair out ofnthe way and immediately bought a high chair for the baby. We had pizzas, spaghetti and cannelloni. the food was very good. Staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

A street back from the Burg & Markt. Dined solo. Mains were quite good, seafood tagliatelle, mixed salad. Dessert panacotta with berries, very nice. Drink - Sprite. Not cheap E30 for one person. Service - average, nothing to write home about. I was sat at the worst table in the restaurant, as the waiter maneuvered between the tables, he kept knocking mine. I certainly had better meals in other places along this strip.
An incident which I witnessed shocked me: Two groups who were dining at tables next to mine (one a group of 4 and the other a couple) had their orders mixed up, the waiter was quite happy just to swap the meals over even though one of the diners had already tasted their meal. The diners expressed their concern over this, the waiter wasn't that empathetic though. I couldn't believe my eyes.
Wouldn't return.