“Friendly staff”
Review of pro Deo

pro Deo
Ranked #5 of 761 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant. Waitress(owner I imagine) was friendly, helpful and very professional. The portions were too big for our small apetites. Situated on the outskirts of the centre of town. If you are thinking of booking I would not hesitate.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family took a quick weekend trip to Bruges last weekend. I looked over Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations for families with children. I never want to be "that family" that shows up at a restaurant and it is not appropriate for children. My kids do not need a child's menu, but the atmosphere has to be one where I feel comfortable with them talking, giggling and just being kids.
I found pro Deo and contacted Nathalie for a booking for Friday 25 January. We arrived a bit early, were greeted by a smiling Nathalie and seated at a lovely table in the center of the restaurant, which is small and cozy. We immediately felt at ease.
The croquettes were delicious and the Flemish stew was amazing. Two of our children had spaghetti bolognese and one had a wonderful filet. We had a really nice evening - so much so that the next day our children asked if we could return to pro Deo.
Thank you Nathalie for a wonderful evening and a memorable meal in Bruges!

2  Thank TeamMueller
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went to this lovely place on our first night in Bruges. We took our three children (10, 9 and 7). We all found something on the menu. The kids had the steak and pasta options while my wife and I tried the Flemish stew. The kids loved their meals and finished their dinners without any pushing from the parents. The stew was fantastic. Overall - the food was fantastic. The only thing better was the service. They were so nice to the kids. We had a great night and would definitely recommend!

1  Thank jlm890
Reviewed January 24, 2013

All I can say is this restaurant doesn't disappoint. We choose to ate here, after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and previous comments are spot on.

The atmosphere is very cosy, the service lovely and the food.. very hearty. Big portions, so make sure you're very hungry and don't forget to order the homemade croquettes!

All n all it was a lovely evening and I'd definitely go back again.

1  Thank Cheeky_Kiwi
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I loved the atmosphere of this location. It was very cozy and had maybe 10 tables so I definitely recommend making a reservation. The waitress was very knowledgeable about all the beers they had available and about the food. There wasn't too many choices of food, but just enough for the size that they are. Eel, steaks, pasta and homemade croquettes were a few of the features on the menu. I ordered a Flemish stew...which was not amazing, but good. I would love to go back here.

1  Thank Jeena87