“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #28 of 757 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Traditional regional kitchen - Comfort gourmet food. Everything home made with best ingredients and love.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate here on our last visit three years ago, and were pleased to see that it is still in the same hands. A small friendly family run restaurant with great food and a cosy, relaxing atmosphere.
When travelling I always try and eat the local dishes. Tempting as it looked, I can get rib eye steak anywhere at home so I opted for the pigs cheek casserole. Unfortunately the last portion had gone to some lucky sole at the next table, so I joined my wife with the rabbit stew.
This was the second time I've eaten rabbit this holiday, and was not disappointed. The portions were very generous, and a serving of fresh mash helped mop up the delicious thick gravy.
It was our last night so we splashed out on a bottle of very nice wine. The total cost for the meal with an additional beer came to 71 euros.
I would certainly dine here again when we next come back to Bruges, make sure you book though, it seemed to be full most nights we walked past.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I dined here last Tuesday on the recommendation of our B&B. We had a lovely meal - shared the cheese croquettes to start (lovely creamy, gooey cheese inside a perfectly crisp breadcrumb coating), I had the rabbit stew (delicious and full of flavour with a generous amount of rabbit and creamy mashed potato), and my husband had the monkfish (delicious and so much fish that he couldn't finish it all). We then shared the apple pie, which was more like an apple cake and was rich and indulgent. It was the perfect amount of food for us and we washed it all down with a refreshing Belgian beer each. The meal came to just under 70 euros, which we felt was very reasonable given the quality of the food (local produce, quality ingredients) and the lovely atmosphere. We were lucky to get one of the last tables when we showed up without a reservation, but the restaurant didn't feel too crowded at all (it was raining so the back garden wasn't open). Very cosy with candlelight, and a wonderful friendly wait-staff. It seemed that the staff/owners were all family (husband, wife and son maybe?) and they were all very helpful and friendly. We would highly recommend dining here!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I dined here on 31st July. I had cheese croquettes which were delicious and muscles which were equally enjoyable and had been marininated in white wine and veg. My wife had steak. My wife and i liked the food and restaurant and would eat here again espeiclly if outside - very busy so need to book ahead. Staff very attentive

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We dined here and the food was good, but not great. Very good service. The best thing we ordered were the cheese croquettes and they were delicious.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Myself and my wife dined here on the recommendation of our hotel. We had starters and main courses and all were excellent. We also enjoyed a bottle of very nice wine and post dinner coffees. Although the staff seemed a little aloof, I think this was mainly a language thing. The service was none the less very good. They did not rush us at all, we had the table all evening. A suitable delay was left between courses. As with many restaurants in the city, it is not cheap (about €110 for us) but it was a great meal and thoroughly enjoyable evening. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all.