“Beautiful place”
Review of House of Seasons

House of Seasons
Ranked #88 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at the House of Seasons which is positioned right in the centre of Brugge. The apartment was super clean and the interior was modern and tasteful (Mistral). It was wonderful to have a fully equipped kitchen as my kid is quite picky with the food and we were able to prepare small snacks for her during the day. Also it helped that the apartment was so central because my six year's old needed occasional rests during the day (the weather was quite cold) and so we were able to reach the apartment very quickly. After this experience, I know I will always look to stay in an apartment when taking City Breaks, rather than hotels which have typically small rooms. We come to Brugge every couple of years especially before Christmas and for sure we will be looking to stay again in the beautiful House of Seasons.

Room Tip: I saw couple of other apartments in the House of Season and they all looked amazing. If you are a b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our family of six (four adults, two children ages 7 and 5) spent a long weekend in the Winter Wonderland apartment at House of Seasons, and were thoroughly enchanted! It was incredibly spacious and comfortable, and we felt right at home. There was a full kitchen complete with range, oven, coffee maker, and microwave, as well as a dishwasher (which, unfortunately, was out of order during our stay). Had we needed to do laundry, we had access to the laundry room on the ground floor.

The Winter Wonderland apartment has a private key-access elevator, which was very convenient with children and luggage. The two downstairs bedrooms were very comfortable for the adult couples, and the upstairs loft was perfect for kids, although it was INCREDIBLY hot (we never could figure out how to turn the radiator down in that room). Although there is only one bathroom (sometimes tricky with six people), the toilet is in a separate room. Best of all - the location! Right across the street from the Choco-Story Museum (to the delight of my children!) and a three-minute walk from the Markt square.

When we return to Bruges, we will definitely stay at the House of Seasons again. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lcmcdonough
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have just come back from these lovely apartments, they are very well situated and equipped, simply we could not of asked for more.

They are beautifully decorated and furnished are opposite the chocolate museum and 5 minutes walk from the square.

They are warm and spacious and we would recommend them to anyone

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just back today from the house of seasons.... We stayed in the Indian Summer.... Was a gorgeous apartment lots of space although with dark decor I would suggest better lighting in the bedrooms especially in the basement room where only the bed side lights worked. House of Seasons is in a fantastic location with a five minute walk to the main square. The apartment was quiet only nose was a little traffic and people walking by. The Indian Summer was very clean with good furniture and very comfy beds... Could do with a couple of bits fixing but nothing major.. Would highly recommend as staff were very very friendly. Look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Mel_T_F
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at House of Seasons for 4 nights in January 2013 after a very busy Christmas visit in UK( flying visit staying with family from Australia).
The apartment far exceeded our expectations. Truly a European stylish city apartment- modern kitchen, 2 bathrooms, comfy bedrooms, dining room, lounge and efficient heating. The decor was perfect and the location could not have been better-3mins walk to the main square.
Communication prior to arrival was great and we arrived armed with keycodes etc.
We loved it here- none of the noise issues previously reported.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Since 2009 I attend the M A Festival (early music) in Bruges, spanning 10 days in July/August. In 2009 and 2010 I rented an apartment in De Drie Koningen (Twijnstraat). Due to it being fully booked almost a year in advance, I was late in 2011 when looking for a renewal. I had to look elsewhere and rented Blondina (Pottemakersstraat) in 2011, which I booked again in 2012. It seems my bad luck after having found a perfect place to stay, others book the same location ahead of me. In 2013 I had to look for an alternative, again, which turned out to be the House of Seasons. All these rentals have in common (a) lots of space to move around, contrary to the average, mostly cramped hotel room, (b) fully equipped kitchen, being a self-catering traveler by choice, and (c) located in the heart of the city, close to most festival locations and all other places worth seeing.

Initially I booked the 1-bedroom apartment "Wind" in the House of Seasons. When browsing through the photos on their website, I found out that the table in the living room seemed a bit smallish for serious work. Hotel staff was very accommodating and proposed an upgrade to the 2-bedroom "Monsoon" apartment, free of charge, being much larger in every respect. It has a large (6-seats) table indeed, with enough room to also eat on it without clearing the other half for my work. Another case of thinking along with their customers is when I had some extra lodgers for a few days, more than I got rooms for in the apartment. But an extra bed in the living room was offered for 25 euro per night, and my problem was solved.

Prior to the check-in date I received preparatory e-mail's with e.g. access codes for the front door and for the locker with the apartment keys. Upon arrival, impossible to overlook in the hallway, an information binder was lying there with directions how to find my way in the apartment building. This setup allows a very flexible check-in time, e.g. late in the evening, without the need to agree on a time for meeting a key holder. I found everything in order in the apartment, precisely as advertised, even to the extent that it proved more spacious than the photo gallery suggested on their website. The information binder was also much better than what I usually find, and it listed supermarkets, restaurants, bars and more such local information. Instructions to establish connections with WiFi Internet were also clear, so nothing came in the way of being settled nearly immediately.

Very helpful staff is present in the building between 10 AM and 6 PM, usually staying even after 6. They (Raymond and Maria) are available 7 days per week, for all sort of questions inside or outside the building. They also can advise you when exploring the city, its surrounding villages (Damme, Lissewege, etc), or the many sea side resorts about 10 kilometers away from Bruges. When not present on the premises, they are also available on-call for any assistance needed, like when (stupid me) I locked myself out on the first day.

I consider myself an experienced traveler, usually leaving a long list of comments on the apartment or the services offered. This time I had several but only minor issues (I reported these on my last day). A few are relevant enough to repeat here, possible as a heads up for future guests. For example, I think that offering only 22 TV channels is rather limited, especially for people from abroad who speak neither Dutch, Flemish or French. Also, Internet was a bit slow, even after trying other available WiFi access points within the building. It is sufficient for e-mail and web surfing, but certainly not enough for streaming audio or video. Finally, not all lamps and power outlets were functioning. Yet, there were enough that still worked, and it did not hamper our stay in any way.

All in all, the final impression is mostly positive, the location in the city center as its most important feature. For completeness, I add a few remarks that may help future guests when considering this apartment building. You may experience some disturbance due to neighboring bars and terraces, particularly in weekends when there are some street festivals that continue after midnight. On the other hand, the bedrooms have triple glazing and heavy curtains, and this proved sufficient to lock out most of the noise. Be warned, however, that I may not be objective in this, having lived in the city center myself for nearly 20 years.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JvH48
Reviewed August 13, 2013

we are a family of 5 and we stayed in the long lazy summer apartment for 3 nights. the apartment is amazing, very spacious, spotlessly clean and in a great location. it has a small balcony where we sat out every afternoon in lovely sunshine...perfect. it is a bit noisy at night and it did get a little warm when you had to close the windows. but this didn't spoil our enjoyment. also the beds are really comfy! the guy who runs the office is really helpful,polite and friendly. we did have a problem with the ensuite shower being blocked, but they came and sorted it out as soon as we reported it. you are spoilt for choice with restaurants, but it's not cheap, so choose carefully. we loved in't Nieuw museum. the best steaks cooked on an open fire, lovely atmosphere. it's a bit out of the way but really worth it. also Gingerbread Tea-room for the most amazing waffles and service, lovely little place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family