“Synthesis of food and art”
Review of Den Vleestoog - CLOSED

Den Vleestoog
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Synthesis of food and art”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

An evening spent at Zeno's is a feast for both eyes and taste buds.
The chef's creativity with flavors and ingredients is exceptional. The attention to aesthetics is highly valued.
The end result is costly, but you get what you pay for. Quality.

Only room for improvement would be in lighting and warmer decor.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SilverioAura

cannes
“Very very creative!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This very modern restaurant is amazing. We were surprised by every appetizer, every dish. You discover very original flavours. It really is a great great experience.
Staff is very professional and extremely friendly.
We loved it!

• Visited November 2013
Deal, kent
“Breathtakingly Good”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Now I am a foodie and am happy to spend what some people may feel to be way too much on a meal if it is a special occasion and good quality food and ingredients. I was planning a special occasion for my husband’s birthday and our anniversary and to be honest the place I would go given every opportunity in Bruges Park Restaurant was closed so I had to look for somewhere else.
I must admit when we arrived I was a little sceptical, the wine I wanted wasn’t available only much more expensive alternatives and the set menu was nothing I would normally have chosen for myself. The room is very modern and I loved the lighting, however we were among the first to arrive and so much clinical white felt a little sterile at first but this soon changed as other customers arrived and I must admit I couldn’t fault the food in anyway. I can honestly not recall how may appetizers we were served as individual dishes, each one being described in detail of the ingredients and where they came from. It was the best meal we ate whilst in Bruges and an unforgettable experience. And not too expensive compared to other restaurants in fact we paid more at other places which did not reach these standards.
If this is different from somewhere you would usually go then give it a chance it was breathtakingly good and will be a talking point for me and my husband for years.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Boho1979
Ghent, Belgium
“Don't doubt, just go!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is one of my best food experiences ever: superb food, easy going waiter/waitress, nice atmosphere. Just go. I hope for them they get a star, I hope for us, they don't rise the price ;-)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Zophie1984
London, United Kingdom
“Deserves a Michelin star”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

One of the most inventive and accomplished meals we've had in a long time - everything we ate was totally delicious and often unexpected (in a good way!). Service was informal but very professional; they really knew their stuff, and spoke very fluent English. Apart from the very high standard of food, two other things stood out: the inventiveness of the food, and the generosity of the restaurant. We had 5 or 6 amuse bouches/aperitifs before moving on to the 4 course dinner we'd chosen, and our two glasses of wine which had been chosen to go with the meal were both refilled - that doesn't happen in London! Hope they do get a Michelin star - it's easily of that standard.

• Visited August 2013