“If you are an admirer of Dali this is a must see”

Salvador Dali Exhibition
Ranked #37 of 153 things to do in Bruges
Bath, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“If you are an admirer of Dali this is a must see”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

It cost me ten euros to visit this museum including the audio/visual guide. I would say you need a minimum of one hour for the visit, but of course you can stay longer as you wish. I came out having been educated about the man, his work and his life. This is a small museum, not a famous art gallery, so I did not expect to see any of his major works, but I saw plenty to interest me and was pleased that I had included this visit in my Bruges itinery.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing art pieces”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you are a fan or not its a must see exhibition on one of the arts greatest and miss understood minds. Very graphic, but will make you think. AAA++++++

1 Thank Seán S
Columbus, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lots of Dali that you don't see in other places”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Like nearly everything else we saw in Bruges, admission was expensive here. We did the Bruges card for 2 days of admissions, which seemed worth it to me. 8 Euro for a big Dali room is kind of nuts, especially since there weren't any of his big works here. That said, aside from the price the exhibit was great. There were many works I hadn't seen anything of--illustrations of various texts, sculptures, books, and the like. I loved his Quixote and illustrations for Dante and Rabelais. If you're a Dali fan and into literature, this should be a great fit. If not, there is little else here. I loved it, but others may not.

Ogden, UT
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“great exhibit”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It's Salvador Dali, so keep that in mind when you visit. His art is very much sexual, but that should not come as a surprise to anyone who's at least marginally familiar with his work. Also, if it's not weird, it's not Dali. That said, if I didn't have the Bruges card that included the admission, I don't think it would be worth it. The exhibition was on the small side, and probably not worth the 8 euros or so that it cost to get in. Again, it was included so I went and enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't have as much if I had to pay full price.

1 Thank RSL_Donk
Bronx, New York
230 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“Good location, good exhibit, interesting works of art.”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Salvador Dali Gallery Museum is more of an art store then a museum. The 8 Euro fee seems a bit much to have the opportunity to purchase prints of his art work. However, the sculptures for sale were very interesting and unique. The exhibit has a large collection of Dali's art in a variety of forms. The works of are organized well and you can spend several hours viewing the interesting art. They have a film clip showing an old interesting film involving Dali.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Visited June 2014