Grand Hotel Casselbergh Bruges
$107
$91
Agoda.com
3,741 results
All reviewscar liftnew sectionwellness centreolder partexecutive rooml'occitane toiletrieslovely hotelhigh ceilingsthe main squaresister hotelsauna and steam roompublic roomshotel barperfect locationseparate showercanal view roomhot and cold food
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here on 29th and 30th December. It is a lovely, clean and comfortable hotel. The bar area was really cosy and decorated nicely for Christmas! The buffet breakfast has a great selection. It is in a central location and everything is within walking distance. If we return to Bruges we will stay here again because we enjoyed it so much!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at Hotel Casselbergh and whilst the room as ever was excellent (we had a 2nd floor canal view room and it was a great view), what let it down for me was some members of staff.

The original staff were superb Baptiste (I think his name was) was helpful as always and could not be faulted. However some other members of staff, in particular bar staff were just rude. One lady happily served everyone else in the lounge but ingnored us on a couple of occasions, then when I went to the bar to be served made no effort to help me carry the drinks, that were awkward and heavy.

This kind of attitude just puts me of a little but on the whole we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheMooseyCat
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a romantic break in Bruges. I booked the Casselbergh because we wanted somewhere with views of the city and near the canals. We couldn't have picked a better location - it's right next to the Burg (the most famous and beautiful square in the heart of the city). We paid extra for a canal view and really glad that we did - our room was gorgeous and wonderfully comfortable. Loved the bathroom with L'Occitane toiletries. Breakfasts were fantastic - plentiful supplies of really good quality food and drink with excellent service and nice atmosphere. My favourite part of hotel was the bar and lounge areas: beautifully proportioned grand rooms with Old World elegance - with a modern feel too (a la Ralph Lauren). SO glad we stayed there, as with the endless amounts of walking we did over our 3 days, it was heavenly to return to hotel to relax.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room with canal view - we were on the 4th (top floor) at the back and it was so lovely to draw back the curtains and look out on to the canal and rooftops below us.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karensy
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We liked the hotel - interior beautiful, breakfast was great, location perfect. Price - reasonable even for this time of the year. Exterior could be touched up but i presume it will be done soon. Our favourite city!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank frequentraveler007
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in December .it was a great location and a lovely hotel .the breakfast was very good and in a lovely room with beautiful china to go with it .
Our bedroom had all we needed with a lovely bathroom .
Lots of nice lounge areas in hotel with a bar that was no more expensive than the bars outside .
We have stayed in Bruges a few times but this now is the hotel we would definitely return too .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple