“Expensive, for a basic meal”
Review of Matinee Restaurant

Matinee Restaurant
Ranked #583 of 716 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive, for a basic meal”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

For 2 people, 2 simple courses, plus wine, coffee & brandy came to 100 euros. Food was okay, but not that good. Service was okay.

I'd like to know what a previous reviewer had for 40 euros for 2 people !!!

There are many better options.

• Greek first
New Barn, Kent, England
“Excellent value meal”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I had an excellent meal at the Matinee recently, the service was good, the food was good and plentiful and excellent value for money, with three courses each plus drinks costing just over 40 euros.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, good value for money, service could be better”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stopped for lunch here and after a long wait to be given our menus and have our drinks order taken placed our food order which arrived very quickly. I had the Flemish beef stew which come with frites and salad and my wife had the Croque Monsieur and frites. Food was nice and reasonably priced but I felt the service could've been better and the restaurant lacked abit of ambience.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Rather give this one a definite miss!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were in Bruges during June 2014 and revisited restaurants my wife and daughter also visited during their previous 2006 vacation. What a disappointment as this was our first restaurant experience during our visit! The service was prompt but without any warmth and friendliness. The food was bland and below average and definitely not a good advertisement to local cuisine. We also had to witness an incident with 2 Japanese guests who unknowingly took pictures of their food in the restaurant. They were told in no uncertain terms that this is not allowed at all! I believe any business can have a policy/opinion on taking photographs inside their shop or premises - but the way in which this specific incident was handled left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth as a guest who overheard the incident. Not a place I will visit again and will not recommend the restaurant to any other guest.

• Visited June 2014
“Average fair.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Situated a few streets from the main square means that this restaurant is a little cheaper than some of the other restaurants in town. Service was OK (as I was the only customer). Food was perfectly acceptable and served quite quickly.

Visited June 2014