“Food OK, service needs improvement”
Review of Matinee Restaurant

Matinee Restaurant
Ranked #599 of 749 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Ended up here on our last night in Bruges.
Whilst the food was reasonably good, the service would need a lot of work to bring it up to scratch.
On entering the waiter greeting us, sat us at a table huddled together with other guests, this was despite the rest of the restaurant being completely empty, it seemed he didnt want to have to go to far or that he was short staffed.
The waiter continued to serve other tables whilst we tried to speak to him about the menu, everytime we spoke to him he seemed more interested in dealing with someone else.
We ordered 5 drinks (there was only 4 of us) which also upset him and left the table muttering and rolling his eyes.
If the service matched the food this would be a restuarant I would want to recommend.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our recent trip to Bruges and I have to say the food was great along with the atmosphere. The Flemish stew that I had was incredible and the bowl was spotlessly clean when I had finished. My wife had the lamb stew which again was delicious. Have already recommended the place to friends of ours who are visiting the city this November.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I'll admit, it was my fault. My wife wanted to go somewhere else. I was looking for a cheap meal and I got what I paid for.

The waiter could do with buttoning his shirt for a start. The meal was what I would expect from a take away.

1  Thank H0ldfa5t
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was OK - up to the UK's 'Cafe Rouge' quality. It seems if you ask for bread you often got a few slices of white. Not the best ambiance inside and there are so many choices in Bruges' centre. Go here if you are passing by and are hungry.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We ate in here in our first evening in Bruges (set 3 course menu 19.5 Euros - all four of us enjoyed our selections) after a bit of do trying to find a restaurant on our second evening ended up back here - for the 23.50 Euros set menu - again, all four of us enjoyed our selections. We found the staff to be friendly and efficient and the location very convenient.
Huge variety of reviews re this place - I guess we struck lucky.