“Wonderful!”

Bruges Ballooning
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The most romantic and adventurous way to discover Bruges is undoubtedly by hot air balloon. Bruges Ballooning offers, in exclusive co-operation with the city of Bruges, balloon flights over the centre of Bruges. Daily departures at sunrise and 2 hours before sunset. A one-hour balloon trip takes you over the city of Bruges, and it's wonderful surrounding castles and fields. Champagne and hotel pick-up are included.Bruges Ballooning ofrece, en cooperacion exclusiva con la ciudad de Brujas, vuelos en globo aerostatico sobre en centro de Brujas. Salidas diarios al amanecer o en la tarde. Un vuelo magico de una hora sobre la ciudad medieval y los campos y castillos de los alrededores. Champagne y servicio e transporte desde su hotel incluido.
Cuetzalan del Progreso, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a must. Flying over the city then into the farmlands was breath taking. The view of the city from above and the farmlands was wonderful. Our pilot couldn't be more friendly and experience. Everyone in the balloon was at ease.
Landing in the farmers field in Holland and sharing champagne finished the flight nicely.
We recommend to everyone take the flight and enjoy for day!

Don & Lynda (from Canada/Mexico)

Visited July 2013
2 Thank DonLynda B

Munich, Germany
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First time ballooning and it was fantastic!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our first visit to Bruges and for something different Sue said why don't we go ballooning. I was not sure how this would go as Sue does not like heights at all. Christophe put everyone at ease though and his attention to safety helped calm the nervous. The flight was fantastic and due to the wind conditions (we went a day earlier than planned as Christophe was concerned about higher winds the next day) we had one of the furthest trips he has done as we just kept going. The whole thing is extremely well organized and a great experience whether you are a first time balloonist or a frequent flyer (one of the guests on our flight was a US helicopter pilot!). Cannot recommend more highly and it was worth every cent.

Visited May 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Amazing overhead tour of castles, countryside, Bruges, and Damme. Floating in the balloon was surreal, and our pilot expertly directed our flight. We landed in a field, helped pack up, then enjoyed champagne and great company (including the farmer) before being returned to our hotel. This was the best part of our (overall wonderful)time in Bruges. Would go again - highly recommend!

Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Surreal”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Unexpectedly, I explored Bruges by air before foot! Call it nick of time, I booked on May 5 @4pm for May 6 flight. Thanks to Viber Christophe was able to reach my Singapore number to tell me I can only fly May 5 night itself since the next days would be windy and rainy. True enough, I witnessed the bad weather :| So sad for those who got their flight cancelled, but just trust the company when it says it's not safe to fly. I love the journey - it was calm and there's a feeling of indescribable joy. Passengers were mostly locals, Christophe said it seldom happens, most of the passengers are tourist like me. It brought different experience to mingle with locals, they are warm and friendly and I got a lot of European kisses and handshakes after the champagne :) I wish Christophe and his team more fine weather. Cheers!

Visited May 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We booked this trip for the morning of my birthday, and thankfully the weather was great for it. We were picked up at the hotel by Michael and the went on to pick up the Pilot Peter and went on to the take off site. All this by 7 am!

It was interesting to see how the Balloon was inflated and al the bits were attached, we attempted to help here and there but mostly just watched and too photos!

The whole time Peter and Michael explained what was happening and what was going to happen, a lot of planning was involved to ensure we would eventually fly over the middle of Bruges.

And then once in the air - amazing! We had a beautiful morning and a clear day. The scenery was stunning and it was so peaceful (the occasional 'whoosh' from the burners and dogs barking!). Again, Peter explained everything including why we were flying at certain heights which made even the nervous flyer amongst us feel safe. It was a truly magical experience.

Then.. the landing was great fun, 20 metres of drag I believe! And what better way to end the experience by standing in a sunny field drinking copious amounts of champagne (they don't skimp on it) and eating delicious pastries? We were back in the hotel by around 10 am, half sizzled and very happy! I cant recommend Bruges Ballooning enough - thank you

Visited March 2014