“Worst Restaurant Ever !”
Review of Bistro t' Lammetje

Bistro t' Lammetje
Reserve with
Bistro t' Lammetje is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 766 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Warning: do not go eat in this restaurant. The food does not match up the price. After payment you will be kicked out on the street, no matter you are a family with a senior citizen and a baby. The staff even touch your personal belongings without asking permission to do so.

On out trip to Brugge (30-11-2013) we dicided to take a small lunch at bistro/restaurant ’t Lammetje. The place was very small, but a buggy was no problem. The owner and his staff were very friendly to put away the buggy and install a babysit for us. The food was oke, but a little bit expensive. That has probably to do this location is situated in the old center, where prices are a bit more up.

After payment we decided to clean our baby upstairs wich is a common thing to do in this kind of restaurant, they even offer this opportunity to do so (even though they put a lot of mess in the baby cleaning corner) The owner came up to tell us to leave because he needed the table for other guests. I told him we go after we finish. My 78 year old father was still sitting downstairs, waiting for us with our stuff. Suddenly the owner put our buggy outside and told my father to go. When my father complained, the owner was very rude to him. When we came downstairs my father was already standing outside, and all our personal belongings (including 2 expensive camera’s)was being touched and moved by the staff without our permission. The babyseat was gone and other people allready sitting on our table. When we complained, they did not understand Dutch or English anymore. We had to dress our 11 month old baby in the middle of the restaurant, because we did not have a place to sit anymore. At the moment we were all finaly standing outside, the owner still standing in front of the window hoping for us to leave.

I have been to many restaurants all over the world, but never experience this kind of outrageous behavior. This is far out the worst restaurant I ever been to. They give service untill you pay(you can not pay by creditcard in this restaurant), then they want you to leave. Even kick you out on the street. Do not spend your money in this place, and if you still decide to do so, pay after everything is finished. Also watch your personal belongings very carefully, they are not save in this restaurant.

1  Thank Default2013_13

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This restaurant is in a little square very near to the centre of Bruges and like many places nearby the prices are high. Our meal was fine - nothing outstanding but no complaints either. As a vegetarian I was pleased to find something other than pasta or omelette. The wok dish was decent enough even if there had been a fairly heavy hand on the pepper pot. The house wine was good. We found the main guy who served to be a bit on the quiet side but certainly none of the rudeness reported by other reviewers here. Perfectly polite, prompt and happy to make a suggestion as to which dishes to try.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Bistro t'lammetje was the first place that we dined while in Belgium. Wanting some authentic Belgium food we ordered the Flemish Beef Stew and Mussels, which we found out later, was pretty much on every menu in Brugge. The other reviewers gave T,lammetje a thumbs down but we found the food was fine, the service was good and the restaurant tastefully decorated. We also found that their prices, although still expensive were more affordable than some of the restaurants in the town square, but that is what you get in a tourist town. Overall we found Brugge as a whole a very expensive town in which to eat but we did stick close to the town square area and might have found some reasonable prices outside the main area. If I am fortunate enough to find myself back in Brugge I would give T'lammetje another try.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My gf and I went to this restraunt in early June. The stuff there is very unfriendly. Yet this isn't the worst thing on the day.

So 1) the food is unclean and not fresh, Especially the mussels. I don't think they have ever washed them before cooking the mussles. I can feel there is little stones inside. 2) don't order and wines. We ordered two glasses of Wine. Both my girlfriend and I feel that the rose wine is somehow diluted by water. 3) we only ordered 1 starter and 1 main course, plus two glasses of wine. They gave us a 112euro of bill. Both of us were shocked. I asked them to double check and they immediately realised it was wrong but didn't apologise. I think the stuff did it on purpose as he thinks we are foreigners (Chinese), so he can fool us on this. The second bill he gave us was still wrong. After questioning them again, they finally agreed to correct the price. Well given the poor quality, we still paid 50 euro.

We then went to the information centre to make a complainant to this restraunt. Just want everyone to avoid this bad place. Brugge is a lovely place but this restraunt is a shame.

2  Thank Xiang L
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On our first night in Brugge we came across Bistro t' Lammetje, as it is a tourist town all restaurants seem to sell the same food at the same price and as we did not do any proper research we ended up here. We saw on every menu in Brugge 'Flemish beef stew' and decided to give it a go. Maybe somewhere else we would have been happy with it but in here it just looked poor, came with bawl of French fries and cost €18 each! We ate, we had a beer each and we left. Well, now we know that we could have eaten better for a better price somewhere else. But hey, live and learn! Total bill came to €51.