“Great find”
Review of Bistro t' Lammetje

Bistro t' Lammetje
Reserve with
Bistro t' Lammetje is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 761 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant on rebound from another as it was close by. There was only one other table that was occupied when we went inside our first thoughts - was this a bad sign! Not at all, it wasn't too long before the restaurant was full. There were four of us, we all ordered something different. Scampi curry, Scampi in lime butter, beef steak with fries and the beef stew. The food was very well presented and served lovely and hot. We so enjoyed the quality of the food, the atmosphere and friendly service we returned the next evening- we were not disappointed, another evening of good food.

1  Thank Tooseysusie

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stopped here because when passing the staff looked pleasant and the customers looked relaxed and happy - so it drew us in (this is not true of all 'touristy' Bruges bistros that just look plain depressed/depressing in the main).
The service was friendly and professional. The food was delicious, the beers were good and the price was reasonable.
What more can you ask for?

Had I seen the reviews for this place before going, I would not have gone - so I am glad I just trusted my 'gut instinct' on this occasion as my experience was more positive than the reviews here suggest.
(Perhaps they have learnt from the criticism??)

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I liked the restaurant. Although in the middle of the tourist area, good quality. Mussels were excellent, good portions. Reasonable prices, very pleasant terrace. Only doubt: although American Express is accepted, at the end I had to pay with Visa, because I was told my amex didn't pass.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Warm, cosy, friendly and best of all, excellent food. Four of us ate here and we all thought the food was top class. Our waiter had a great sense of humour and the whole atmosphere was just right for this most gorgeous of cities. We went on a cold spring night so sat inside in the warmth, but noticed that they do have outside eating space for during the day, or if they ever get an evening warm enough!

1  Thank UmJoel
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Hi.
I cannot believe I didn't read these reviews before my trip to Bruges on new years!
It would have avoided me spending 50 euros for 2 mussels and frites in a very weird (and quite surreal i would say) place. The manager (or I think he was) was rude at the beginning (talking on the phone loudly sitting at the table next to us), when he thought we were English. My boyfriend is, but when I spoke Italian on the phone he them largely smile at me...so I though my first impression of him was wrong but I confirmed my doubts straight away when a french family came along! The waiter was so-so, but didn't really seem to care too much. The french lady ordered a hot chocolate and they got her a chocolate with cream. At that point she was disgusted and asked if it was possible to have it with milk only, the waiter said that that was the Belgian hot choco, that's it. It comes with cream! Now, why can't you just do another hot chocolate without cream? the lady refused to speak to him again and turned around horrified, the waiter asked her if she wanted something else, she said a dry "No, thank you" in english, although they had spoken French up to that point! Weird. At that point they started (waiter and manager) speaking Dutch (i suppose) and clearly talk bad about the french, just in front of them! The manage kept on shaking his head in disgust! The waiter told them that that wasn't a cafe, but a restaurant!
Food, poor. Mussels had no taste. We went in for the fixed menu and we paid for the mussels at the normal menu price, saying that the mussels in the fixed menu come only as a starter. Anyway, we went in at the 1st place thinking we wanted a warm place to chill and warm up and eat. We ended up in a parallel world where you pay to eat bad and not being treated as a customer. Weird.

1  Thank emyazz