“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wonderful food. Our best meal in Bruges. A kaleidoscope of wonderful tastes, stunning wine and service. A top restaurant in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Overall, Assiette Blanche is a superb restaurant. We had the 3 course set dinner for 35 Euro. The white asparagus starters were cooked just right as was our main courses of fish and veal. The free amuse bouche was too salty for me. The strawberry soup desert with cream was very good but not outstanding. The only reason I cannot give this or any Belgium restaurant 5 stars is that they all flat out refuse to serve you tap water. My only optilon was 6 Euros for a bottle which did not even fill the glass for the 4 of us. I travel all over the world and Belgium is the only country I have found that refuses to serve tap water upon request at every restaurant.

1  Thank RichR
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We found this french restaurant by chance wondering around the side streets off the Town Hall and Burg Square. We just managed to get a booking on the friday night. I cannot fault the service or the quality of food. The explanations for what we were given to eat were comprehensive but still understandable! The house wine was also good.
Compared with other restauarants we ate at over three days,(all of which I have to say were good) this was clearly the best value for money.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The restaurant has a traditional french restaurant ambiance and the chef/owner has a classic french cooking style. The dining area is charming and the service was outstanding. The food was very good and we had a great experience. After our meal, the chef even welcomed us back into the kitchen and explained to us how he made the sauce for filet mignon (a traditional veal stock sauce that was truly amazing). I highly recommend the restaurant for a very nice meal in Bruges.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a wonderful meal. We visited this unassuming little restaurant at the suggestion of the staff at Hotel de Orangerie and boy, what a meal. The restaurant is cozy and very welcoming. Without exaggeration, there wasn't one morsel of food that arrived at the table that wasn't scrumptious. We stared with French oysters that were so fresh we could have been sitting on a quay in a small fishing village. I then had the langoustines and was completely blown away! They were perfectly seasoning and cooked so they were tender and flavorful. I finished with a cut of Spanish pork (iberico ballato) that was simply delicious, if perhaps not exactly for those on a diet. If you like fresh seasonal food and you visit Bruges DO NOT MISS THIS THE ASSIETTE BLANCHE.