“What a gem”

Diligence
Ranked #138 of 735 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Diligence is an authentic and cozy restaurant in Bruges, located in the heart of the city center, only 200 meters from the Burg and Market square. Restaurant Diligence represents an honest French-Belgian bistro cuisine. We use quality local products that we turn in tasteful and traditional meals. Except for Wednesday our kitchen is open every day from noon until 2pm for lunch and from 6pm till midnight for diner. So even after the movies or theater, you can visit us for a nice steak or a delicious Flemish stew.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Got the tip from Trip Advisor. Just down the road from our hotel. A fantastic meal with a free mini bucket of sweets for my sweet mad husband with our coffee, We could not fault our hosts, so friendly and welcoming.

There are newer reviews for Diligence

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were really looking forward to this restaurant after reading the reviews. We booked as advised and the restaurant was full.
The service at the beginning of our meal was good and the main courses that we chose were excellent. We then waited to order our desert and could not attract the attention of the one very busy waitress. 75 minutes later we gave and paid the bill, having lost our enthusiasm. It would not have been difficult to say, 'I am sorry to keep you waiting' or at least make contact.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just up the street from our hotel, this little gem was recommended by the reception clerk. Warm and friendly people own it, made great recommendations and served us delicious local specialties. I loved the rich vissoeppe, fish soup.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Based on the good reviews, we went here (it did hurt that it was across the road from our hotel). We weren’t disappointed. My girlfriend and I shared traditional shrimp and cheese croquettes, which were excellent. She then had cod in a mustard sauce, which was one of the nicest pieces of fish I have seen and she really enjoyed. I had a steak with pepper sauce, which was very tasty. Overall great food and service, and very reasonably priced. Bruges makes you realise how expensive London is.

1  Thank NicZ
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and was glad we did!
It is a lovely, homely, traditional restaurant run by a really nice and friendly husband and wife team. They were extremely welcoming. It felt a little like going home!
The decor is old fashioned and it feels very warm and inviting. The lighting is nice, not too bright and the wooden bar and tables add to the ambience.
We started with Cheese croquettes which were surprisingly light and fluffy and my wife had the smoked salmon which was very nice. Main course I had the Sole which was a very generous 3 pieces and my wife had warm goats cheese salad which she said tasted very fresh and the cheese was nicely melted. My sole was delicious.
Really great atmosphere, I would recommend reserving a table as they were full when we went. She also said that they were closed Tuesday and Wednesday so worth checking.
If you are looking for nice food and atmosphere with no frills but very authentic, then go here and you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank ButlerInService