“I have never experienced a restaurant like this before.”
Review of de Buhne

de Buhne
Ranked #141 of 761 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has its own unique style and appeal. It is very small, and very quiet. The waitress was probably the owner, and possibly the chef! She was meticulous in everything that she did; she turned providing food and drink into an art form. Some of the food on the set menu was excellent, but there was no choice for the pudding, so we were given a plum tart that was a bit disappointing. The set menu was a similar price to that of most of Bruges, but the drinks were very expensive, even water. I went for an apple juice and even then she only filled the glass half full. Keen not to remortgage, I refrained from ordering another, and although my hunger was satisfied, my thirst wasn't!

1  Thank Annddyy

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is not a coffee shop in the US sense of the word but a wonderful restaurant...quiet, tasteful , limited but good wine list (mostly italian and we had a wonderful primitivo di manduria that was fabulous) and discreet and elegant service. We all had the fixed price menu at 23 euros that had many wonderful choices....asparagus soup, cod fish, a wonderful vegetarian choice that my vegetarian friend gave 5 stars and a meat eater who raved about the duck. Delicious fabulous to die for sacheri chocolate tart for a perfect end. This was a great value and a really nice experience to share with friends. Must make reservations

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Absolutely brilliant food,wine and service. Don't go if you want something quick but, if you want to chill out you have to try this restaurant. It is in a quiet street and it is not large but it is a long time since I've eaten a meal like this. The service and presentation can not be faulted. The red mullet that we had was a real treat as was the Sauterne.Everything was good even down to the little selection of biscuits we were given with our coffee.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My partner and I ate here in April over the Easter weekend. It is very difficult to get good vegetarian food in Bruges, and I am so grateful that Tripadvisor led us to de Buhne. I had a four course vegetarian meal for 21 euros, which was unbelievably good value and especially for Bruges, an expensive city to eat out in.
The meal was fantastic - I literally couldn't fault it, from the starter of a choux bun stuffed with blue goats cheese and served with a beetroot salad, to the main of homemade broche with wild mushrooms and a election of beautifully cooked vegetables. My partner had fish for his main course which was apparently delicious. The service - from a woman who may have been the owner? - was polite, welcoming but unobtrusive. I really can't recommend this restaurant enough. The atmosphere is pretty hushed and calm in de Buhne so it's probably not the best place to bring a big/noisy group.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were there in March and my husband, a vegetarian, picked this restaurant as he normally has to just take the vegetarian option. The food was delicious and different. From the starter to the wonderful dessert we both enjoyed our meal with an excellent red wine. Yes it is quiet and the lady serving the food is very reverential BUT good food is good food and this was. Give it a try!