“Good service good food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Auckland
“Good service good food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

WE got a lovely table by the window and the waitress was great at helping us choose a traditional beer.
The lamb was delicious as was the seafood and the baked potato was great!

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Ribs!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We turned up without a reservation and the staff were very accommodating. They explained that it would be a wait so we hopped over the street for a few beers then returned.

The service was good and the food excellent. I had ribs - delicious! My girlfriend had a steak - beautifully cooked.

Was offered some more ribs but couldn't manage them.

We were made to feel welcome and not rushed off our table. A good spot.

Bruges, Belgium
“good ribs good service excellent Thai sauce”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

on a summers eve i had a reservation booked at the Hobbit. When we walked in we got very good service, straight to the tables and onto out first beer. After ordering the food came out within 5 minutes which was very surprising. So maybe if you want to relax first order a tad later.
The ribs were not greasy at all like in some other places but were on the verge of being a bit dry. That's the tricky part of cooking ribs. But combining the Thai sauce or the homemade herbe butter with them is really was good. The review says very good but it was somewhere in between average and very good. all in all a good meal and a satisfied customer

Miami, Florida
“Non existent, unfriendly service....”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant deserves it's low ranking on the list of restaurants in Brugge.

I first visited this restaurant in 1991. At the time it was 'the place to be'...hardly a table or seat to be had. Times have definitely changed.

My first red flag should have been that the restaurant was empty except for two tables. The 'hostess' (using the term very loosely) was anything but hospitable. As if I had annoyed her busy evening of reading the newspaper.

My second warning should have been when she didn't let me sit at the table of my choice. There was no one there! What could it possibly matter?

Once my order was taken and the dinner served, I NEVER saw her again. No one asked if I needed anything, if I wanted more to drink, nothing. I was able to flag down a young girl to pay my bill and walk out.

Hopefully, this restaurant will stay buried at the bottom of the list, and no one else will make the mistake of walking in.

Woking, Surrey
“Nice food, and definitely lots of it!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had just arrived in Bruges and were looking for somewhere near our hotel to eat. We found this restaurant and we're disappointed. The portion sizes are very generous and the food was nice. My husband would have liked his steak to come with some chips, rather than just salad, but all in all, was nice and good service. I had the spag bol and had a huge plate full! Reasonable prices, service fine, good place to eat, away from the masses of people that congregate in the main public squares. Would recommend.