“Worth a visit”
Review of De Vlaamsche Pot

De Vlaamsche Pot
Reserve with
De Vlaamsche Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 749 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A very quaint feel to this small, side street restaurant. Very, very popular with the locals and visitors. A little cramped, however the waiters are very attentive and the food is quick to arrive. Not the cheapest, however good size portions.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We happened upon De Vlaamsche Pot whilst walking around Bruge, we were hoping to find a traditional Flemish restaurant however my wife is vegetarian, the menu sounded great but with no veggie options we went in to ask and the friendly waiter gave several options and would be able to adapt something for us which was really great. We booked our table for that evening and had a fantastic meal. The atmosphere is very cosy,warm and romantic. The food was delicious and by far the best during our time in Bruges. Very good value for money and would recommend.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great food and plenty if it but... we waited over half an hour just to be given a menu and the service was inattentive and very slow. It was busy but not heaving for a Friday night and drinks orders were forgotten.

2  Thank silverstar34
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having returned from this restaurant just ten minutes ago I think that I am in a position to write the definitive review. Based on a couple of bad reviews posted recently we nearly didn't keep our reservation tonight I am so glad that we did. First of all to those that said that the service was indifferent, rubbish, it was professional and efficient just not in your face which is all that is required. The ambiance of this restaurant is it's best feature , it's romantic, it's intimate and everything you want when going out to dinner with your partner or close friends. On to the food, ok it is isn't gourmet but what it is is really unctious home cooking, generous portions and really delicious. The fries cooked in beef dripping were unforgettable as was the Flemish beef stew and the fish stew. So don't miss this experience if you are lucky enough to get a reservation then keep it!!!

1  Thank Wendy A
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our B&B proprietor. Our first visit there was fine--we each ordered a main course--food was good, however portions were huge. On our second visit, I asked if we could split a main course, as we hate to waste food. Our server told us this could be done at a 5 euro extra charge, to which we agreed. He returned immediately to tell us this would not be possible and we must each order a full main course. I noticed on the menu that an appetizer could be substituted for a main course at a 5 euro charge. I did this and found the appetizer plenty to eat. My husband could barely finish half of his meal, and suggested I take a taste. At that moment, the waiter returned and immediately snatched away my silverware. I asked for another fork and was told that was not possible. I was made to feel as if I had commited a crime! There are many restaurants in Bruges--skip this one.

10  Thank braman72