“Very nice food, and extremely friendly”

Sivalai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 713 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London
“Very nice food, and extremely friendly”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I took my wife and family here for dinner on my wifes birthday in january, following the great reviews on here. Im not sure i would say this is the best Thai food i have ever eaten, but it is good. The owner is a really nice guy who looked after us really well, he even sold me a bottle of thai whiskey, which is very hard to find. We had a great evening, with good food and very attentive service. I wold highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2012

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Thai food as good as any we have had”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

A little away from the main squares but this is not a bad thing. Easy to find close to the Ibis and Novotel hotels which are on the same street.
Initial impressions are excellent with a warm and welcoming greeting from the owner who acts as front of house. Decor is exceptional and authentic. The general facilities are superb as more importantly is the food which is cooked by the owners wife.
The menu is wide ranging and the food obviously freshly cooked
Wine choice was very good and overall we found the prices acceptable, especially in light of other experience in Bruges.
CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TOO HIGHLY. WORTH GOING TO BRUGES JUST TO VISIT IT.

• Visited December 2011
Bruges, Belgium
“delicious”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This Thai restaurant is superb. The food is delicious, the restaurant is very clean and the owner is extremely friendly. I would certainly recommend it.

• Visited November 2011
newcastle
“Best Thai food outside Bangkok”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Visited this Thai restaurant in bruges and had the best Thai meal since I left Thailand 8 years ago. The owner's wife is the cook and the whole family are delightful.

cali
“A Great Find!”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Go Here! This was a great surprise for me. Spending a couple of days in Brugge, I was quite tired of the same or very similar menu at every restaurant.I decided to walk away from the touristy square and stumbled across this place. First off, the decor and ambiance ....beautiful. Real Thai furnishings, beautiful stonework,fresh flowers, subdued but adequately lit, and Thai music playing. I was met with a wonderful smile and seated quickly.
I have been to many Thai places so I knew what I wanted. First the Thai Springrolls . The presentation was gorgeous and the taste outsatnding. the perfect amount of crunchy and spice.
Next, the Thom Yum Goong Soup....Amazing also! by this time I was well impressed.
next the Peak Kai Yad Sai stuffed chicken wings. PERFECT!!!
And finally the Pad Thai noodles... Excellent!
WELL DONE!!!! If you get a chance.....GO HERE!!

1 Thank gurnlites