“Brilliant”

Flanders Fields Battlefield Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 47 Tours in Bruges
More attraction details
Owner description: Day trips from Bruges to the first world war battlefields.
WARRINGTON
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We went on 5 April. Had a great day. Very moving. Nathans knowledge is exceptional. The museums are a bit rushed, BUT, he will take you to and point out loads of stuff that you would miss and not know were there. One piece of advice, if Nathan says be back at the vehicle for a certain time, then make sure you are there. Otherwise you could be missing out on some other interesting artifact/ landmark.I highly recommend this trip. Even my wife found it interesting and moving. So it must have been good.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank mikeandsharman

Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“my father”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I know that there are a few bad comments, but nathan Ghysbrecht is my father and he is the best in his profession I have been at least 100 times with him on a tour but it remains fascinating, I'll say it again HE IS THE BEST INHIS PROFESSION.

Visited March 2013
7 Thank Felix-Ghysbrecht
Northern Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour very interesting”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Having read a few of the bad reviews on here I was a little worried about how we would get on but I can only say that Nathan was great. He was punctual and very knowledgable. The tour went off without a hitch and I really would recommend this tour to anyone. I did see the rival tour company bus about but our bus was much smaller and more personal. Nathan answered any questions he was asked.

Like I said I did read the bad reviews but they do seem to have been quite a while ago and it has become a very professional organisation since then.

Visited April 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Impressive”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Full score on all accounts. Fast replies on e-mails for booking, picked up at my hotel on the exact agreed time in the morning. On the drive from Bruges to Ieper you get a passionate and informative lecture on the events leading up to the war. Several stops at the sites of the most famous battles, and including a stop at a local farmer's garage to inspect a table full of remnants of weapons and ammo that he recently found in his fields. Lunch at a nice pub in Ieper, entrance to the Flandern Fields museum and the Passchendaele museum included in the very reasonable price for the tour. Stops at the Tyne Cot cemetary and the Langemark cemetary. Nathan really knows his stuff, and if you have the slightest interest in WW1 I highly recommend this tour.

Visited March 2013
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“History Lesson.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Nathans tour is superb! !this man knows the history like the back of his hand. Very informative,comes across very passionate about the subject matter. The day is spent visiting memorials and museams and is timed very well. A great day out,learning the history of the first World War and seeing how trenches and bunkers and craters are spread around the countryside. I would highly reccomend this trip.