“Flanders Fields Battlefield tours”

Flanders Fields Battlefield Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 48 Tours in Bruges
More attraction details
Owner description: Day trips from Bruges to the first world war battlefields.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I went on both the Day tour and the evening trip to the Menin Gate for the Last Post ceremony and cannot recommend them both highly enough. Nathan, the guide was excellent and had a superb knowledge.of WW1 and all the 'lead up' history. Both tours were very well organised and informative with an excellent lunch on the Day trip.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Nathan's tour was excellent as he is very knowledgeable, balanced and experienced in the history and locale of the battlefields.

This tour is world class and Nathan is a wonderful guide in taking us on a very important tour for us.

We took the day tour and also the Last Post tour which also enabled us to visit Ypres and the Christmas markets.

We highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I spent a day with Nathan who showed us around some of the most moving points of interest in Flanders. Nathan was very helpful, flexible and knowledgeable. Lunch was great as well. Recommend the local beer with lunch in Ypres.

1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This tour is really well organised including a lunch stop in a local restaurant, with visits to places and access to artefacts which you couldn't find without such an experienced and knowledgeable (even passionate) guide.
I have some reduced mobility due to MS but still walk short distances unaided. Nathan and other tour members were very helpful to me, e.g. getting in and out of the minibus, waiting if I was walking a bit slowly. I didn't enter all the trenches if they were particularly uneven underfoot but other than that I fully participated in the tour. There are toilets in most museums and even one of the cemeteries. I would recommend this tour to anyone.
It is fascinating and thought-provoking. I would say an essential experience to gain some understanding of the impact of WWI.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I took this day tour of the WW1 battlefields and cemetaries the day before Remembrance Day and it was one of the best trips I have had and made my weekend in Bruges incredibly memorable. From the moment Nathan, our guide, collected me from the hotel he was able to educate us with the background to the start of the war and once we reached Flanders itself he described in detail thebattles that raged over this tiny area. One of the unforgettale moments was stopping at a small farm and seeing all the rusty remnants dug from the fields in the past years - shrapnel, shattered rifles and even hand grenades!
I would thoroughly recommend this to everyone and thought it great value for money.

1  Thank km53