“A 30th birthday to remember”
Review of Nuit Blanche

Nuit Blanche
Ranked #40 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My Boyfriend took me on a surprise trip to Bruges for my birthday in August, I had no idea where we were going until we were on the Eurostar! When we arrived at David's house I was totally blown away, it is so beautiful and like everyone else has said, it is like stepping back in time. I was completely enchanted by the age of the building and the projector screen in our room was a big surprise, I loved watching In Bruges the movie, in bed.... in Bruges!

David was a great host and a lovely man to boot! Waking up on the morning of my birthday and being served a breakfast of 3 courses in our room was so lovely, we had the window open with the wonderful view over Bruges and David really is a wonderful cook.

The location of the house is spot on and we loved being welcomed by Noel the cat when we arrived home after a long day drinking Belgium beer! I enjoyed it so much I REALLY want to go back. My boyfriend earned some serious brownie points, Ill never forget my 30th birthday that's for sure :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Nuit Blanche

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I don’t normally gush on trip advisor but we really cannot say enough about the magic of our stay at Nuit Blanche. We stayed in the Lune de Miel chamber which is quite large and from the moment I looked out the window at view I was in heaven. I have never felt more like a princess. The house is an absolute gem that makes you feel like you’ve stepped back in time (except in the bathroom, where you are comfortably in the 21st Century). We were in Brugge on my birthday and both days we were able to take the amazing breakfast at the small table in the garden, enjoying the still of the morning, and the church bells. All of the drinks in the mini fridge are provided free of charge and the views could not be more breathtaking. The bed was very large and one of the most comfortable I slept on while I was in Europe. A completely unique, comfortable, and five star experience.

Room Tip: The Lune de Meil had an amazing view of the church and the canal, was large, and the bed was really...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have stayed at Nuit Blanche at the beginning of june for 3 nights,in Lune de Miel chambre.I made the reservation somewhere in october,just to be sure that i will get a room. It's like stepping back in time,especially when you wake up with the sounds of passing carriage,the huge fireplace,the bed,the stunning view from the window....We enjoyed our breakfast,in the room,it was amazing,we felt like aristocrats.The mini bar in the room is for free,and you have there a sparkling wine,water and juice.I prefer much more a good b@b to a 5 star hotel,and i would go back there in a heartbeat.I think it's the best place to be in Brugge.I'd recommend the Nuit Blanche to everyone,if you get a chance to stay there don't miss it!
Merci beaucoup David,c' était un plaisir de vous rencontrer!
Vio@Serge

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank margo25
Reviewed April 25, 2012

At the recommendation of a coworker, my husband and I stayed here for two nights in April (2012) in the Lune de miel room. Nuit Blanche is situated in the heart of medieval Bruges, just steps away from the Gruuthuse and Groeninge museums and cafes, and is only a short walk to the Markt. Staying at Nuit Blanche transports you back in time with medieval decor, beautiful stained glass windows, and a medieval garden. The room was very spacious and extremely comfortable. David (the host) provided an amazing multi-course gourmet breakfast and took the time to recommend walking tours, restaurants, etc. Nuit Blanche also serves as David’s art studio, and you have the opportunity to admire his works throughout the building. We were also pleasantly surprised with a mini-bar with juice, water, and sparkling wine at no extra charge. This is truly an experience not to miss!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcampbell0226
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here in September '11, there were so many excellent reviews for "Nuit Blanche", i thought that it didn't need another, but I have a picture of this house as my screensaver and every time I turn on my computer, my memories return. All I need say is everything was magnificent,the house, our room, the view, the location. the garden, our hosts. The breakfast, words can't do it justice, we would fly again from Australia, just to have breakfast here and to look out of our rooms window again. Want to come back again, will come back again, one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon R
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed in the end of November, 2011. Exceptional experience - not to be missed. The location can not be better, the place has a great character and lots of historic fables behind, and you'll be met with care and hospitality by the hosts.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have had stayed here by the end of october, and had a wonderful stay! The hosts are very keen to make it as comfortable as possible. Very friendly and caring people. The décor and interior equipment is well composed. The breakfast was extraordinary and lovely presented and tasted heavenly.
All sightseeing spots are in walking distance, because this hostel is located in the middle of the oldest part of Brugge. Very pittoresque!
I suppose, there is no other unique and excellent place like this to stay in Brugge!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple