“Wonderful bar with a wonderful hostess”
Review of 't Brugs Beertje

't Brugs Beertje
Ranked #32 of 788 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Oldfashioned Belgian beerhouse with around 300 Belgian beers. We also serve small snacks.Only classical music in the bar !
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went to this bar after reading about it in our guidebook and it was fab. The lady behind the bar was really lovely & helped us to pick out 2 beers according to our tastes. She didn't just say 'oh two local beers' she actually tried to find out exactly what kind of tastes we had. A lovely little bar that reminded me of my Nan's living room with a mix of locals and tourists.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We called in here for a couple of beers before dinner one evening and had to call in again for another one on the way back to the hotel!

This bar is highly rated in both the Good Beer Guide and on tripadvisor and we look foward to going there again on our next trip to Bruges.

It was a busy Saturday evening when we visited, but staff managed to find a table (although we would have been prepared to wait if necessary). The beer selection is enormous and it can be daunting to make a selection, but the staff are excellent - friendly and efficient with extensive beer knowledge.

At least one visit to Brugs Beertje is an essential part of a trip to Bruges.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you want a beer (or more) in Bruges this is the place to go. The late and sadly missed Michael Jackson's picture adorns the wall. If it's good enough for him then it's certainly good enough for me.

A very wide range of beer and helpful staff will guide you through the various beer styles. Simple tables and chairs give the place an informal feel and makes one feel comfortable.

Not to be missed.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Quite difficult to find, down a small alley just off one of the main shopping streets in Bruge this bar is a little gem. The staff are very friendly and willing to help you select a beer to your tastes. The list of beers is encyclopaedic. It has a look and feels that seems very traditional and you feel Belgian as you drink. However like many places in Bruge it is not open every day of the week so check before you go.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tiny streets, smaller doorways, and the littlest bar with the biggest personality.

I love beer. But I really love Belgian beer! This place is Mecca for beer drinkers. The walls are decorated with thousands of metal beer placards. The food is almost non existent. But the most knowledgeable beer staff I've ever come across. The stock room is larger than the bar and the menu...The beer menu was 4000 different types of heaven in a three ring binder, filled with 200 pages. I asked for help and the bartender/waiter giggled and said "that's why I'm here." in the accent of any European Mike Myers character. He took me to the page with skunky farmhouse ales. Each beer was better than the last. Then I was given a rare beer that wasn't on the menu. He drives out to the monastery and buys once case a month. That's the only way to get it and it was awesome.

We had taken the train to meet a group of friends in Bruge. The front desk gave us a note where to meet our pals and it's just as you would imagine. Darkly lit cobble stone streets with laughter murmuring through the crooked streets as the joyous patrons stumble home from their favorite watering hole. When we arrived we were raucously greeted by our friends, as well as the other patrons and the staff. Everyone was happy to see us walk in. It's what Norm would experience on Cheers every week and as good as you would think it would be. That has to be one of my favorite memories of Bruge.