“Very busy bar / restaurant”

Bierbrasserie Cambrinus
Ranked #106 of 767 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

What stood out when I was looking for somewhere to eat at 8pm on a Monday night was just how busy this place was. I think I was very lucky to get a table. The people that came in behind me were told it would be an hour. I had a rib eye steak - medium. It was cooked to perfection with garlic butter and a huge disk of french fries and mayo. My wife had the Flemish beef stew which she loved. Washed down by the local Zot beer, and a bottle of good and inexpensive house wine. A real good find as it wasn't planned. Lucky us

Write a ReviewReviews (4,338)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We made a reservation and were glad we did (on a Tues. Night). The best meal and beer I have had in a long time. Salads, fries really good, beer and entres excellent.. I had steak tartar and she had Belgian beef stew (in beer). A rare treat. I rarely give this rating to a rest. BUT THIS RATES AT THE TOP. Be patient because they are way understaffed but they are all pleasant and competent.... just WAY too busy. Go here for a GREAT meal.

3  Thank NCPilot253
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The beer menu contains over 400 beers so that should keep beerdrinkers happy! The wine list had only two reds!! but the wine (which came out of a tap) was very pleasant and drinkable. First night so we had Flemish beef stew cooked in beer, half a chicken roasted (moist and v tasty) and crown of lamb, also softly moist. A pleasant fun - not quiet! - start to our stay. Kitchen takes orders till 10pm.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We planned a. Is it here after finding it on trip advisor, just off the main square so easy to find
Sat at bar and tried to pick our way through the beer menu, in the end you just need to go with what you fancy as there are so many to choose from its hard to tell one from another, apart from alcohol content!
Sat at bar for three drinks then move to a table for something to eat
Tip, don't be fooled if all tables say reserved, think the staff do this to ensure only diners sit there, we asked for a table and were soon moved to one despite the reserved sign

Reviewed September 29, 2013

THE local "Brasserie". Very reasonable food. A fantastic choice of beers. Unfortunately don't expect smiling or friendly welcome. It is slow, bearing rudeness. A pity. Maybe they don't like tourists. Anyway, on that point an exception in Bruges.