“The must visit in Brugge!!!”

Bierbrasserie Cambrinus
Ranked #105 of 766 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice pub with huge variety of beers! Try their special draft beer, blond (light) and dark, both are delicious ;) Food is also tasty, good service. Can be crowded in the evenings, but always super atmosphere!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,331)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We started out at Rose Red and once decided we wanted real food, (they serve drinks and light finger foods only, plus it was very warm!) the very friendly server steered us to Cambrinus. We waited about 10 min at a high top bar table while waiting for our table. We got a table right in front of the window which was nice. It was a bit cramped and the chairs were "captains's style"...which I will say was tight in the posterior end if you are bigger than a size 12, which unfortunately I am! The servers were judged to be slow, even by European standards and they were only marginally friendly. The food was worth the wait! We each had a beer before the meal came (I fell in love with Leffe Brown in Brussels) and enjoyed the view. Our party of 3 ordered the 3 course offering of the Flemish stew, cheese croquettes and creme brulee, and a bowl of asparagus soup and shared all the items. The soup was hot and delicious. The stew was served with homemade applesauce ("Please sir, may I have some more?") and frites with mayo. The croquettes came with a small salad. This was plenty for 3 moderately hungry adults. It was all hot, and very good. The serving of stew was large and very tender in a wonderful sauce. The cheese croquettes were good but something about the texture/color of the cheese turned me off a bit..this is just me mind you. We also ordered a liter of H20 and 2 small H20's for a total bill of around 55 euro. Nice portion, delicious and not too expensive for the area. It does get crowded so you may not get a seat right away and be prepared to have a leisurely meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The place recommended by our hotel, and so at 5pm we had a walkby and tried to reserve, but they didn't have a table available until 9:30 pm. So we waited until that time and got a table.

They have around 400 different beers...all at the right prices, starting at 3 euros. If you like beer, this is your place. I wanted to have my mother try a Christmas bear (in June), and they said they didn't have any. Then about 5m later the waitress came back with a bottle! Great service, very attentive!

The food was very good, hardy servings and well presented.

The only caveat is that it is loud. Hard to hear across the table. But hey, what did you expect? It's a brasserie!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you can do without having "moules frites" (mussels and french fries) and you want the most amazing selection of Belgian beers to choose from, make a beeline for Cambrinus. It is not far from the Markt or the Burg. This is one of the few places around where you can get Westvleteren beer without having to go out to the monastery. I went for the beer selection. The food was decent. They have a lot of menu items made with different beers. The meal won't be the most memorable of your trip, but if you choose wisely, the beer definitely will be!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant so much that we broke our rule of never eating at the same place twice and went back for lunch. We initially had a great dinner here - my roast chicken was outstanding and my companions duck salad was also excellent. I would definitely make reservations because they appear to be very popular with the locals.