Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Bruges
from $8.00
from $10.86
from $40.00
from $9.14
1,076 results
All reviews belgian fries choco story discount voucher french fry the cafe downstairs quirky museum frite fun facts worth a visit couple of hours chips friets history belgium spud memorabilia belgians
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Definitely a must do. It is a cheap outing and the fries at the end are awesome! Take the time to read the displays and watch the video on how to cook fries properly. Learned a heck of a lot in the short time there. Just don't expect an up-market museum and bring out your inner child and you will have a great time. Combine the ticket with the chocolate and/or lamp museum if you have the time/inclination. Remember the money also goes to keep tourism alive in such places!

Date of experience: September 2011
1  Thank Peter E
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The museum is across several floors, and each exhibit is accompanied by a story from two cartoon characters to explain it all to children. Half the museum is the history of the potato and the other half the history of Friet's in Belgium. There are some interesting facts and fun photo opportunities and it has made a good story to tell everyone now we're home. You do have to pay if you want a portion of chips in the cafe at the end of your visit, but they are inexpensive and totally worth it!

Date of experience: August 2011
1  Thank mrs_hoolahan
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed it. We got in free with our IAMsterdam card. It's very informative but you do have to READ. People today just want little sound bites and want everything quickly and interactively. But if you take the time to READ then you get a lot from it. If you want something quick and fast and with lots of glitzy interactive go, go go, then this is not the place. But we loved it. Very educational.

Date of experience: July 2011
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We had bought the City Pass and this was one of the museums that was included in the free entries. My husband likes chips - a lot! so we thought - yeah lets go and have a look.

A very quirky museum to say the least but we spent a very pleasant hour or so looking round. It was very interesting - I honestly can say I didnt know half the facts about potatoes and their properties - so have now been educated!

My husband was fascinated by the fryers - and to be able to walk into the Friet Kot was fabby :) I did like the fact that the leaflet we picked up told you how to make the PERFECT Belgian Friet. We take great delight when we hear friends talk about french fries that they are WRONG! and that they are really Friet and Belgian NOT French lol

It was so nice to go to such a different museum - people look at us if we are mad when we say - oh the Chip Museum - but saying that my step-daughter and her boyfriend are making a trip over and THAT is on the top of their TO DO list!

The chappie on the desk was lovely - he told us if we wanted anything to just give him a shout. We found the giant chips you could put your head through and take pictures - now THAT really tickled me. Just before we left we bought several of the pencils - I thought my little neighbours and friends kids would like them - they actually preffered them to the chocolate we got them too - as you can get chocolate anywhere they reckoned - but to have this pencil - hey - no-one else in their classes had them.

All in all the Friet Museum is a nice way to spend a hour or so if you have it to spare.

Date of experience: December 2010
5  Thank Pipers57
Reviewed July 10, 2011

People had said this museum is good, so I was looking forward to visiting this after being to the Choco-story and feeling disappointed there.

This museum is 2 floors, with frites frying (for sale) on the basement level. This museum is all reading material, and lacked my engagement. I did learn a few facts about potatos, and frys, but otherwise we wizzed through here in less than 30 minutes.

Your 7Euro entrance fee gets you 40c off fries in the museum, but as they cost 2Euro for a large portion and we weren't hunger we didn't stay.

I see the potential for kids to learn here, and they've done it to appeal to children....but it's all reading material.

Date of experience: July 2011