“Great meal great atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #9 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great meal great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Only decided to go here from a change to the traditional Bruges restaurants we have done all holiday. So glad we did! Great service and a very relaxed environment. The food was incredible and very authentic Greek recipes and flavours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
san antonio
“Swordfish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We dined at the olive tree on a cold rainy night in downtown bruge. I had the swordfish which was amazing. My wife had prawns which she stated where good. Cold beer. Complimentary Greek dessert. Will return with friends

Visited January 2014
Worcestershire
“A little bit of Greece in Bruge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and myself ate here on my Birthday, the owner was very hospitable and sat us by the radiator so I would not be cold. There is an extensive menu and lots of the ingredients are sourced in Greece, even the wine which was lovely. We opted for the mixed dips which was a lovely selection of Greek dips, olives, pitta breads and salad, main course of king prawns and feta in a tomato sauce and swordfish - both were fantastic, we were also given a complimentary desert which was a lovely Greek cake made by the owners mother. This is a family affair and well worth a visit, our feast cost 86 euros including a bottle of wine.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Inconsiderate staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had no reservation so went inside to ask whether a table was available. We were told a table would be free in 15 minutes, and to wait outside - there was limited room inside. It was January so waiting outside was a cold experience, but we did it. After 20 minutes, we were still outside, and after 35 minutes, it was clear that the table we'd been told would become free wasn't going to materialise. We checked again inside and were told there was no tables available. What a waste of out time..

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BristolboySi
“Nice food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on trip advisor, and after much debating about wether we should hunt out a traditional Flemish restaurant or wether it was ok to eat Greek food in Belgium...we reached a compromise. Eat dinner here..go somewhere else afterwards for traditional waffles (my bfs favourite)
Well...the restaurant is decorated lovely and the staff are really nice. I had moussaka and my bf had lamb chops, it came with rice potatoes, salad and bread. It was really tasty, in fact the best moussaka I have ever had. We declined desert (as we had our traditional waffle plan) however the waiter gave us a complimentary piece of cake each, it was gorgeous, my bf loved it. I found it all quite funny coz now he was too full for waffles!
The Olive Tree is a lovely restaurant and worth a visit.