“Great meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good food and excellent service. Good value as well. You must try it at least once during your stay.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
“Delicious food: I would surely recommend it”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Eating at The Olive Tree was a very pleasant experience!
Usually when I travel I prefer to taste the local cuisine, but due to the very good reviews and the location (very central) we decided to go for it and after having been there I have to say that all the food they served us was very delicius! (Even better than many of the traditional restaurants I went in Greece!!) The atmosphere was really nice too...and very Greek.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Good value for Bruge.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I thought this place seemed pricy until I discovered the prices elsewhere in the city, which are astronomical! Lovely little place with good atmosphere. Good quality Greek food although the complimentary olives were far too salty, hence 4* not 5*!

Hubby had sliced pork in a sauce, which was very nice and I had the grilled chicken souvaki which had bags of flavour. Salad and potatoes were tasty but I didn't rate the rice, but that is just a personal taste thing.

As with all the eateries in Bruge you must expect a very long wait for your food. Not quite such a problem when the food is lovely - we waited ages elsewhere and the food was terrible! Attentive, friendly staff and would certainly go back if in the city again.

London, United Kingdom
“Lives up to the TripAdvisor hype”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Having done my restaurant research before arriving on Bruges I was really looking forward to this one; I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint! While reasonably pricey, the whole meal and experience was well worth it - free olives to start, huge portions on the starter plates, excellent main dishes and a free dessert. Unfortunately I couldn't fit in one of their other delicious-looking desserts from the menu because of that!

Glasgow
“Amazing find!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Heading to Bruges for my birthday I decided to check Tripadvisor for recommended restaurants and discovered the Olive Tree. It sounded just what we were looking for, good quality food at a reasonable price.
Over the four days we were in Bruges we ended up here twice as although the food elsewhere was good, once you had been here there was no comparison!
On both occassions we only ordered the main as the portions were sizable and plentiful, topped off as mentioned by previous reviewers with a little complimentary dessert that was the perfect amount of sweet to round off the meal.
The setting is clean and contempary and relatively small so booking at the weekend is definately advisable as we saw many turned away on the Saturday.
Service is efficient, friendly and relaxed.
All in all an ideal dining experience.