“Paul and Amanda do Belgium”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Den Huzaar

Bistro Den Huzaar
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Bistro Den Huzaar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 707 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: French, Belgian, Dutch, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leicester
“Paul and Amanda do Belgium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous food the best meal ever eaten bar none. Have to give this place a visit truly amazing food!!!

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great restaurant. Very friendly staff. The rabbit stew is outstanding. The rabbit terrine that comes complimentary with the bread is very good. Go here. No regrets

• Visited March 2013
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I had really wanted to go to this Restaurant as I had read the reviews! As we were only in Bruges for three nights I was so disappointed to find out they closed on two of them! However we went in to the Restaurant on our last day at lunchtime and booked for the Evening! We were so lucky as whilst we were sat there, dozens of couples came in to eat only to find it fully booked! The food is so pretty to look at and you can tell the chef ( who is also the owner) takes pride in his work! My husband had the pork cheeks and I must say I was envious! I enjoyed the venison though! Portion sizes were good! I am so glad we were able to eat here on our final night as it rounded the break in Bruges off very nicely!

Norwich
“Excellent food - minor service issue.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The food we experienced here was excellent and served by a friendly and attentive waitress.
Our only real issue was that after clearing away our dishes from the main the waitress seemed to forget us. She never returned to see if we wanted desserts, coffees or the bill. After a lengthy wait I eventually used the pretext of a toilet visit to ask for the bill.
Don't let this put you off though it may have been a one off - go and try the food, it is worth it.

• Visited November 2013
California
“Wonderful service and yummy food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have been coming to Bruges for years and finally made it to Den Huzaar. The ambiance is comfortable and inviting. We had a reservation and were seated next to the window which I felt was a great place to sit to be able to look out at the shoppes and many people wondering by.

We started with a local Bruges beer the Brugse Zot and had the dark, one of my favorites. I ordered the French onion soup with Camembert cheese toast on top. It was tasty and I was satisfied. We were also give a rabbit terrine with bread and the taste was creamy and rich.

My husband and I both ordered the steak since that is what we were both craving. I wish now I had just ordered the pork cheeks stewed in beer and cherry sauce for main it was served in a casserole sealed with puff pastry, with boiled green vegetables and potato gratin. It looked amazing every time the server brought it out. But back to the steaks. They were good and served with a nice salad and of course frites. I choose the mushrooms sauce and my hubby had the peppercorn sauce and both were wonderful.

For desert we shared a Creme Brulee which arrived at the table flaming. It was also very good.

We look forward to returning in April when we visit Bruges again.

The service was great and they have menus in many different languages which is always nice.

• Visited November 2013